Gibson Brands Forums

Off Grid Solar Pond Aeration.....

Murph

What I've been up to.

Oxygen is vital to a healthy pond, and this one is in the middle of no-where.

The theory is it'll run 24 hours a day off of this marine battery, that recharges during the day.

So far, so good.

solar1_zpsjeb8w6gs.jpg

Better question is how far to the weed farm? Feds are gonna chopper spy that panel and call in Puff* you know.

rct

*punks won't get that, Murph will

Cool! My wife wants to put a coy pond (without the coy) in our back yard and she found this solar powered fountain (much smaller than yours) that she wants to get.

The solar technology sure has gotten better and more affordable. Soon we can buy units to power our homes.

Cool! My wife wants to put a coy pond (without the coy) in our back yard and she found this solar powered fountain (much smaller than yours) that she wants to get.

The solar technology sure has gotten better and more affordable. Soon we can buy units to power our homes.

I built this with a 30 watt kit that included a panel, a regulator, and some wire. Did the research online and bought an inverter, a pump and a marine battery. Then all the other crap which is A LOT OF STUFF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT......

Box, post, connectors, fittings, diffuser, screws, boards, on and on and on.

But the pump has been running since Sunday afternoon 24 hours a day with limited sun.

Turned out to be a VERY enjoyable project.

Then all the other crap which is A LOT OF STUFF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT......

Box, post, connectors, fittings, diffuser, screws, boards, on and on and on.

It usually takes me 3 or 4 trips back to Lowe's before I get everything I need. :lol:

Guest Farnsbarns

It usually takes me 3 or 4 trips back to Lowe's before I get everything I need. :lol:

Interesting stuff. I've just set up a timed irrigation system for my bonsai trees. Basically opens a solenoid tap for a given period of time up to four times a day which then supplies driers, sprinkler's and misters. It runs off 2 C batteries (big round cells, about an inch wide and 2 inches long, no idea what they'really called on the other side of the pond) in series so 3v and my biggest fear is battery failure. I hadn't thought about solar power but it makes sense.

The issue with bonsai is the tiny pots which dry out in no time in any heat and I work full time. The only reason solar would fail is if there's no sun and if there's no sun there's no problem.

Intriguing!

Archived