Gibson Brands Forums

The Harsh Reality of guitars in the Wild!

aerohead

This is not so much about the performance as I forgot the words more than once , you can even see me shake my head when I realize I can't remember words to a song that's 45 years old lol, but about the setting. I'm far enough away from civilization (Northern Ontario) that there isn't even cell phone service available. This is where I parked my 30' travel trailer for the summer! Rock On! Fish On! Ramble uhhhh how's that go again? Oh ya Ramble On!

And now for the harsh reality. The scar left after dropping my guitar on the rocks.

67AD9C30-6D5D-4FFD-A073-558346883E48.jpg

This is not so much about the performance as I forgot the words more than once , you can even see me shake my head when I realize I can't remember words to a song that's 45 years old lol, but about the setting. I'm far enough away from civilization (Northern Ontario) that there isn't even cell phone service available. This is where I parked my 30' travel trailer for the summer! Rock On! Fish On! Ramble uhhhh how's that go again? Oh ya Ramble On!

And now for the harsh reality. The scar left after dropping my guitar on the rocks.

67AD9C30-6D5D-4FFD-A073-558346883E48.jpg

I think the lyrics run -"leave me helpless,helpless..." You wouldn't be near Blind River would you? BTW I'm from Thunder Bay so I can feel your pain in a North-Western Ontario kind of way.

As a matter of fact I'm approx 1 1/2 hours North of Blind River! Not sure if the Neil Young's Helpless reference alludes to my forgetting the lyrics or the dropping of my guitar on the rocks but very accurate in both cases! Lol!

if the only damage is on that area of the binding.. (There's something to the lower right, looks like lint/dust?) that is fixable. when you're back in civilization, you could probably look up a repair guy that could buff most of it out then reseal it.

Archived