Gibson Brands Forums

DR500RAVS

hi im a newbie to the epiphone community and bought my first masterbilt/all solid guitar the other day. i cant find any info on it. it is a beautifully built guitar. sounds incredible. it was in a case for a long time. take a look..let me know anything. thanks

post-78568-035882000 1462377185_thumb.jpg

post-78568-099075200 1462377439_thumb.jpg

post-78568-060887700 1462378117_thumb.jpg

hi im a newbie to the epiphone community and bought my first masterbilt/all solid guitar the other day. i cant find any info on it. it is a beautifully built guitar. sounds incredible. it was in a case for a long time. take a look..let me know anything. thanks

Welcome to the boards! Yep, that's a DR500RAVS alright - Rosewood (back and sides), Abalone, Vintage Sunburst. I can't quite read the serial number. Its first two numbers should specify the year made. They must not have made too many RAVS's - they're rarely seen on ebay, reverb, etc. I've got your guitar's sister - an EF500RAVS. Gorgeous, big-sounding guitars! Congrats!

.. serial number starts with G0405...

2004 was 1st year of production that went through 2010 for these non-cutaway Masterbilts - DR's, EF's, and AJ's. Epi-dater says the "G" signifies Korean-made, which surprises me, since I thought they were all made in China. Very well made, I might add. [cool]

I am really attracted to your guitar.

Congratulations. That is one beautiful Masterbilt.

The color and the trimmings really make it look "high end".

I would be very interested in hearing what she sounds like.

You are a lucky person to own it.

Archived