Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Gibson Firebird (120th Anniversary)

leovan83

Hi guys,

Is the 2014 Firebird (120th Anniversary) fitted with regular soldered pots and wiring or does it use the PCB boards I've seen on a lot of newer Gibsons? Just making sure on what to expect since I'm buying one tomorrow...

Don't know. I own one, I love it, but I haven't taken it apart and looked at the electronics. Plays well AND I love the the fact that the input jack is located on the side. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Indeed. NO PCB and little blue capacitors! It's a beautiful guitar, I can't stop looking at it and/or playing with it. By far the coolest Gibson I've ever owned, it just looks and feels so different compared to Lea Pauls, Flying Vs or SG, truly an awesome guitar!

One thing though, the stopbar is crazy high on my FB, I have yet to lower the action and adjust the neck but I've always had my stopbars usually screwed all the way down, is this common for FBs?

I just adjunted the action, truss rod and intonation and even though the action is pretty low, the tailpiece still is sitting very high up and the strings are barely not touching the back of the bridge... I'm guessing it's the design of the guitar or something.

Archived