Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Gibson 1968 Custom Japan Limited Specs

Calvin

Hi guys.

I have recently purchased a 2014 gibson customshop 1968 les paul custom reissue japan limited model and I would really want to know the specs of this guitar.

Visually, it looks exactly like the 2015 68 les paul custom reissue model.

I have been told by the seller that my guitar is equipped with a pickup made up of #42 awg wires and alnico 2 magnets.

I've checked that it does have Kluson waffle-back tuners, black beauty caps, PAF humbuckers, and a long tenon D heel neck.

Does my guitar have the same exact specs as the 2015 model? if not, I would really like to know the specifics.

So I was really hoping to get some answers on this..

Hoping I could get a reply this time, Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I have recently purchased a 2014 gibson customshop 1968 les paul custom reissue japan limited model and I would really want to know the specs of this guitar.

Visually, it looks exactly like the 2015 68 les paul custom reissue model.

I have been told by the seller that my guitar is equipped with a pickup made up of #42 awg wires and alnico 2 magnets.

Does my guitar have the same exact specs as the 2015 model? if not, I would really like to know the specifics.

I have mailed the Gibson customer service about this topic with no reply.

So I was really hoping to get some answers on this..

These are the pics of my guitar.

Hoping I could get a reply this time, Thanks

It's made in Japan that' the reason your not getting any responses,American made sell better and people have more knowledge about them

4H

No, its not made in Japan.. Its an American guitar made for the Japanese market.....

I found one that was on Ebay.. these are the specs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-CUSTOM-SHOP-Japan-Limited-1968-Les-Paul-Custom-2014-VOS-Antique-Ebony-/161478790265?rmvSB=true&pt=Guitar&%3Bhash=item2598e2cc79&nma=true&si=PVpd0CX4pKq7sSlqEJrQy39e0Uw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Body : Curved 2-Piece Maple Top/Solid Mahogany Back

Neck : 1P Mahogany/1968 LP Custom Neck Profile

Fingerboard : Ebony/22frets

Hardware : Gold

Bridge : Wire ABR-1 / Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece

Tuner : Kluson 501-VX Gold Waffle Backs

Pickups : AL2 Output Close Custombucker-S (F)&(R)

Control : 2Volume-2Tone-3way Toggle SW

Weight : 3.9kg

• 3 weeks later...

It's made in Japan that' the reason your not getting any responses,American made sell better and people have more knowledge about them

4H

Gibson customshop that's made in Japan? really? hahahahaha LITERALLY LAUGHED MY *** OFF.

http://www.latesixtieslespauls.com/current.asp

I have made some research on this model and it actually is the same guitar as the '2015 Gibson customshop 1968 les paul custom', the only difference being that this guitar was released earlier in japan as a japan only model in 2014.

Archived