Gibson Brands Forums

24 fret Sg

Carmine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came today. Sorry I didn't post sooner. This was the best one yet but again the nut is messed up and the neck is ehhh. I played with it for a bit and gave up. I'm just too frustrated lol. I took it and left it with the techs at GC. I'm have the nut replaced and any kinks worked out by them. This is beyond my skill or knowledge, the guy at GC thinks that he can get the action low and get rid of the buzzing. If he can't then I'm just gonna send it back to these bastards. I'm pretty sure he will get it where I want it. Soon I will post pics hopefully tomorrow!!!

Ugh! I wonder if you would have had better luck if you got a cherry one. Gibson is slacking big time letting this many out the door with issues. I don't think it's that this run of guitars is isolated with rejects as I have read quite a few glowing reviews on this model. But there seems to be a few rejects and I am also reading of this with a few other models.

How was the neck ehh? Too much relief? what?

Yes too much relief. Way too much. The action was ridiculously high. Literally like a half inch or more at the twelfth fret. Like ridiculously high. The pickups on ever one I've gotten were aligned at different angles. This one was by far the best. To binding on the neck on the second one was very messy. This one was perfect as far as cosmetics went. I added tension to the neck. And lowered the bridge. After about a hour of going back and forth with it I got as perfect as I could but the action was still too high and any other adjustments I did to lower it made it buzz. So I threw in the towel and I'll just pay someone. I was so damn frustrated with it.

my Lespaul and every other guitar I've ever owned I have set up myself. I like my action as low as I can get it without any buzz. Some guitars are able to be lower than others but I've just never dealt with anything like this. I hope that the neck is ok. I still haven't heard from GC yet.

This one was past my skill level to get where I wanted it. I can admit that easily.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived