Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul '58 Element Al-13

btoth76

Hello!

Something new...

Aluminum-Gibson.jpg

"This stunning 58 Standard Historic Reissue features unique lightweight aluminum appointments throughout, providing both aesthetic beauty and a subtle ‘chime’ to the aggressive nature of its matched set of Custom Buckers. Pickguard, binding, knobs, and more are made of aluminum."

Bence.

"... and a subtle ‘chime’ to the aggressive nature of its matched set of Custom Buckers. Pickguard, binding, knobs, and more are made of aluminum."

Bence.

Funny they assign an "aggressive nature" to the Custom Buckers. [rolleyes] Perhaps the aluminium handcuffs, errm pickup rings add the "chime" through forming a "subtle" short circuit around them! [biggrin]

"This new Les Paul Re-issue is weight-relieved, Watson!".

"I say, Holmes; how can you tell that just by looking at it?"

"Why, it's elementary, old fellow!".

Pip.

There are lots of heavy axes, but this is a light metal guitar. ;)

It's so Historic a reissue it isn't anything at all like a 58 Les Paul.

It isn't a burst, and it's a damn shame when that's the best thing you can say about a guitar.

rct

There are lots of heavy axes, but this is a light metal guitar. ;)

[laugh]

Can you imagine the horror of walking into a dealership after the 'L-E Element Pb - 82' is released?

Posters up all over the place saying "No 'Stairway' or 'Whole Lotta Love' Allowed!"

It'd be like stepping back in time to the '70s all over again...

Or else the 'L-E Element Fe - 26'......."In A Gadda Da Vida" blasting out from 200W Marshall Stacks set at 11!

Come to think of it Gibson could be on to a winner with this range...the possibilities are fascinating!

...The pickguard will gain Mojo pretty quick I reckon...

Fixed.

Pip.

It isn't a burst, and it's a damn shame when that's the best thing you can say about a guitar.

rct

Yea, me too on that one.

Can you imagine the horror of walking into a dealership after the 'L-E Element Pb - 82' is released?

Posters up all over the place saying "No 'Stairway' or 'Whole Lotta Love' Allowed!"

It'd be like stepping back in time to the '70s all over again...

Or else the 'L-E Element Fe - 26'......."In A Gadda Da Vida" blasting out from 200W Marshall Stacks set at 11!

Come to think of it Gibson could be on to a winner with this range...the possibilities are fascinating!

Pip.

I'd suggest a solid Fort Knox Gold model. Much heavier than a Pb - 82, the price wouldn't be the only reason why an Au - 79 won't sell. :blink: As an alternative of closely the same weight, approximately 125 kgs or 275 lbs, the W - 74 could be a real heavy metal guitar on a budget [biggrin]

rct

Yeah I found that odd too.. Its like saying its a Goldtop that been painted black.. A pointless statement.

I do quite like it though...

I guess calling it a Historic re-issue just means they can charge more than if they called it a modified Standard...??

I like it! Remember, there were some examples of '58 - '60 Les Pauls that weren't 'bursts, in ebony, cherry etc...and custom orders during that time. Not that any would look like this one of course, but I think it looks great! I wouldn't buy it mind you, unless I was rich and got it just for fun!

Yeah I found that odd too.. Its like saying its a Goldtop that been painted black.. A pointless statement.

There were some conversion 'bursts done on early Goldtops...basically to make them look like '58 - 60 LPs. Think I saw one at Guitar Village recently selling for crazy money!

There were some conversion 'bursts done on early Goldtops...basically to make them look like '58 - 60 LPs. Think I saw one at Guitar Village recently selling for crazy money!

That has always cracked. me. up. Paint any guitar and it's a re-fin and you have to make it crystalline clear that this guitar has been repainted, and you have to knock the price back accordingly. '58 Tele: $12000.00 '58 Tele re-fin: $8000.00

But take a crappy old goldtop, re-fin it, and it's a Burst Conversion, and you charge more for it! All them guitars in a pile aren't worth what they want for one, that's why someone repainted it, it looked like crap.

rct

Archived