Gibson Guitar Board: Taking collection in different direction - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taking collection in different direction selling some primo guitars

#1 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

UPDATE: See Apr 2017 post at bottom...

I'm taking my collection in a different direction. I figured I'd post this here to give you Epi-folks first shot.

For sale singly or grouped. Most of these guitars offered are Epiphones in excellent cosmetic and playing condition. The Epiphone Masterbilts are all solid wood acoustic guitars, all from the 2004-2010 non-cutaway production run. The "EF" Masterbilts are OM or OOO Grand Auditorium body size, with 1.75" nut. There are also other makes and models, acoustics and electrics – see list below.

  • The 2003 Masterbilt solid maple back and sides, solid spruce top EF500PNS is like new and super rare. Only two known to exist. With SKB hardshell case. $650.
  • The 2005 Masterbilt AJ500RC (rosewood-cedar) 12-fret slot-head is also rare – you don't see them come up for sale very often. Extraordinary volume and tone. Comes with Masterbilt zippered case w/ hygrometer. $600.
  • The Masterbilt EF500RAVS (rosewood-spruce) abalone binding & rosette, vintage sunburst. Upgraded with fossilized walrus ivory bridge and bridge pins. I am not anxious to sell this beauty, so the price is firm. With SKB hardshell case. $700.
  • Masterbilt EF500MNS (mahogany-spruce) is just another super Masterbilt guitar in excellent condition. With hardshell case. $500.
  • Takamine 2013 GJ72CE-12-BSB acoustic-electric jumbo 12-string, nice sunburst, abalone rosette, excellent condition, plays great, with Takamine case. $400.
  • 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Flamed Translucent Amber. The flamed carved maple top is perfectly bookmatched. Epiphone stopped offering trans amber after 2011. Comes with excellent condition SKB case. $400.
  • 2013 Epiphone ES-339 Pro natural blonde, dual humbuckers with coil splitting, excellent condition, with Epiphone hardshell case. $350.
  • 2014 IB64 FT-79 Texan 6-string acoustic-electric, rare cherryburst, excellent condition, with hardshell case. $350.
  • 2012 Epiphone EJ-160E John Lennon signature, sunburst, very good condition. The new ones no longer have Lennon's signature! With mismatched hardshell case. $400.
  • 2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro acoustic-electric 6 string, sunburst, excellent condition, Epiphone hardshell case. $320.
  • 2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK acoustic electric, flamed transluscent black, highly figured, abalone binding and rosette, E-sonic2 system - nanomag works, but not nanoflex, remarkable acoustic tone for a laminate, Epiphone hardshell case. $300.
  • 2013 Xaviere XV900 (ES-335 copy) flamed orangeburst, highly figured, Alnico Fat Pat pickups, no case. $220.
  • 2004 OG2CEB Oscar Schmidt by Washburn, 6-string acoustic electric, black, good condition, with cardboard-ish case. $150.

Additional pics and descriptions upon request. Flat fee $50 shipping - continental U.S. only. Prefer personal check (avoids paypal fees), but willing to work something out. Once check clears, guitar ships. Long-time trustworthy member!

EF500PNS
Posted Image

EF500RAVS
Posted Image

AJ500RC
Posted Image

EF500MNS
Posted Image

Performer
Posted Image

Les Paul
Posted Image

ES339
Posted Image

EL-00 Pro
Posted Image

IB64 Texan
Posted Image

Takamine 12-string
Posted Image
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#2 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:48 AM

EJ160E
Posted Image

Alvarez
Posted Image
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#3 User is offline   tweed2 

  • "Official Forum Member"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2382
  • Joined: 11-January 11
  • LocationThe Hills of the Other Washington

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Nice group and some fair prices. There's a few on the list that are intriguing (like that slot-head AJ), but not feasible, at the moment. I'm curious, if you don't mind saying, what would cause you to let all of these go? I did something similar, every guitar and all but one amp, to afford my dream Rickenbacker. It must be something special.
J P Patches Pal
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2845
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Nice guitars! What's the nut width on the Texan?
0

#5 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

View Posttweed2, on 14 May 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Nice group and some fair prices. There's a few on the list that are intriguing (like that slot-head AJ), but not feasible, at the moment. I'm curious, if you don't mind saying, what would cause you to let all of these go?


Thanks, Tweed. It's tough! I really enjoy playing every one of these guitars. Notice I'm not selling the Dot. Nor the Guild JF30-12 or (newer) F412. But too many six-strings to keep up with. I figure the proceeds will go to a new Gibbie J45....
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#6 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostOldCowboy, on 14 May 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

Nice guitars! What's the nut width on the Texan?


Thanks, Cowboy. The nut width is the normal 1-11/16 inch.
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#7 User is offline   tweed2 

  • "Official Forum Member"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2382
  • Joined: 11-January 11
  • LocationThe Hills of the Other Washington

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostCougar, on 14 May 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thanks, Tweed. It's tough! I really enjoy playing every one of these guitars. Notice I'm not selling the Dot. Nor the Guild JF30-12 or (newer) F412. But too many six-strings to keep up with. I figure the proceeds will go to a new Gibbie J45....

Got it. I understand the Guild thing, I have a GAD 212 (China)that changed my opinion on Chinese guitars. Pretty hard to beat their 12 strings. I'm keeping an eye out for an old Westerly-built 512. Some day.
J P Patches Pal
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

Cougar. Are you sure you want to let this fine collection go? You have some very nice guitars here. If I had the cash right now, I'd buy three. Well maybe two for sure but my wife got her concealed carry permit and I'm afraid she'd shoot me in the fricken head if I did! I loved your flamed Amber standard plus the moment I saw it way back. And that Lennon signature looks great too.
Herman
0

#9 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostRetired, on 14 May 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

Cougar. Are you sure you want to let this fine collection go? You have some very nice guitars here. If I had the cash right now, I'd buy three. Well maybe two for sure but my wife got her concealed carry permit and I'm afraid she'd shoot me in the fricken head if I did! I loved your flamed Amber standard plus the moment I saw it way back. And that Lennon signature looks great too.


Thanks Retired. Yeah, I love that Lennon sig too. I priced it slightly higher and won't be disappointed if it doesn't sell.
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#10 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Cougar said:

1463316981[/url]' post='1769581']
Thanks Retired. Yeah, I love that Lennon sig too. I priced it slightly higher and won't be disappointed if it doesn't sell.


Well, I told her about the two I liked and she gave me that look. Gave me a song and dance about wanting a bigger sewing machine and why I needed more guitars. She's getting me a T-shirt instead for Father's Day. It will read: "Behind Every Good Guitarist Is A Woman Saying, Do You REALLY Need Another Guitar?" And I only have 4 Cougar! Well, the 5th one needs a new bridge so I can't play that one till I get it fixed. That's a fine how do you do after I just gave her three grand to update the kitchen and it was the cash I was going to get the BB King Lucille with. But really, if you like the signature, I'd take it off the selling list. How often are you going to find one? And how many did they make? Most people will hang on to them and pass them down and once it's gone, you'll kick yourself for letting it go! I sure know I did for letting all my old stuff go when I married.
Herman
0

#11 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

The ES339 sold locally....
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#12 User is offline   Thunderchild 

  • Thunderchild
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 643
  • Joined: 16-December 11
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostCougar, on 17 May 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

The ES339 sold locally....

Crap, that's the one I wanted. [cursing]
TC
2011 Gibson Classic Custom wine red
2010 Gibson 2008 Standard heritage cherry
Martin D-1 6 string
Martin D-121 12 string
Gretsch G-5120 wine red
Epiphone Broadway sunburst
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top heritage cherry
Epiphone Dot Cherry
0

#13 User is offline   dReit1 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 319
  • Joined: 09-August 08

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

Great guitar selection. Sorry I'm in the downsizing mode right now myself, if not for that I'd be giving you a call.
0

#14 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

View PostThunderchild, on 18 May 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Crap, that's the one I wanted. [cursing]


Was that priced too low? A guy called and said he'd come over and pick it up. I guess he believed me when I said it was in excellent condition. Well, he came over, very briefly looked it over. I asked if he wanted to plug it in. No, he was in a hurry. Gave me full price and was gone. The whole sale took about one minute. Well, OK, fine with me!

I see you've got a cherry Dot. As I mentioned, that's one I'm keeping. Really a nice guitar!
2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#15 User is offline   Thunderchild 

  • Thunderchild
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 643
  • Joined: 16-December 11
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostCougar, on 19 May 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Was that priced too low? A guy called and said he'd come over and pick it up. I guess he believed me when I said it was in excellent condition. Well, he came over, very briefly looked it over. I asked if he wanted to plug it in. No, he was in a hurry. Gave me full price and was gone. The whole sale took about one minute. Well, OK, fine with me!

I see you've got a cherry Dot. As I mentioned, that's one I'm keeping. Really a nice guitar!

It's one of my favorites. I've had about 12-15yrs, the binding is aging real nice, getting a real nice shade, kinda light yellow. Love to play it.
TC
2011 Gibson Classic Custom wine red
2010 Gibson 2008 Standard heritage cherry
Martin D-1 6 string
Martin D-121 12 string
Gretsch G-5120 wine red
Epiphone Broadway sunburst
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top heritage cherry
Epiphone Dot Cherry
0

#16 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:04 AM

Well since I don't really need another Epiphone and since the wife is so against me getting another guitar at this time. I hope the two I like sell quickly so the temptation is removed! Lol The 2010 LPS plus and the Lennon signature. Of course now I know Cougar really wants to hang on to it really.
Herman
0

#17 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2601
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

UPDATE

  • SOLD. The 2003 Masterbilt solid maple back and sides, solid spruce top EF500PNS is like new and super rare. Only two known to exist. With SKB hardshell case. $650.
  • SOLD. The 2005 Masterbilt AJ500RC (rosewood-cedar) 12-fret slot-head is also rare – you don't see them come up for sale very often. Extraordinary volume and tone. Comes with Masterbilt zippered case w/ hygrometer. $600.
  • NOT FOR SALE! The Masterbilt EF500RAVS (rosewood-spruce) abalone binding & rosette, vintage sunburst. Upgraded with fossilized walrus ivory bridge and bridge pins. I am not anxious to sell this beauty, so the price is firm. With SKB hardshell case.
  • SOLD. Masterbilt EF500MNS (mahogany-spruce) is just another super Masterbilt guitar in excellent condition. With hardshell case. $500.
  • SOLD. Takamine 2013 GJ72CE-12-BSB acoustic-electric jumbo 12-string, nice sunburst, abalone rosette, excellent condition, plays great, with Takamine case. $400.
  • NOT FOR SALE. 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Flamed Translucent Amber. The flamed carved maple top is perfectly bookmatched. Epiphone stopped offering trans amber after 2011. Comes with excellent condition SKB case.
  • SOLD. 2013 Epiphone ES-339 Pro natural blonde, dual humbuckers with coil splitting, excellent condition, with Epiphone hardshell case. $350.
  • UP ON REVERB RIGHT NOW. 2014 IB64 FT-79 Texan 6-string acoustic-electric, rare cherryburst, excellent condition, with hardshell case. $350 + shipping for forum members.
  • NOT FOR SALE! 2012 Epiphone EJ-160E John Lennon signature, sunburst, very good condition. The new ones no longer have Lennon's signature! With mismatched hardshell case.
  • 2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro acoustic-electric 6 string, sunburst, excellent condition, Epiphone hardshell case. $320.
  • 2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK acoustic electric, flamed transluscent black, highly figured, abalone binding and rosette, E-sonic2 system - nanomag works, but not nanoflex, remarkable acoustic tone for a laminate, Epiphone hardshell case. $300.
  • 2013 Xaviere XV900 (ES-335 copy) flamed orangeburst, highly figured, Alnico Fat Pat pickups, no case. $220.
  • 2004 OG2CEB Oscar Schmidt by Washburn, 6-string acoustic electric, black, good condition, with cardboard-ish case. $150.

2008 Epiphone Masterbilt spruce/rosewood EF-500RAVS

2011 Guild F50R burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 burst 

1939 Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith

2014 Epiphone FT-79 IB-64 Texan cherryburst

2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS

2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK

2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro VS

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string sunburst

2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

Yamaha Motif XS7

0

#18 User is offline   YerDugliness 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 25-February 08

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

If you change your mind on the John Lenon signature model, please let me know...I'll take it.

Thanks!

Dugly
YerDugliness, Esq./PostNoBills


Lifelong audiophile, guitar playin' FOOL

Retired TWICE!!! Now back at work again, but still attempting to age disgracefully

Epiphones: Masterbilt AJ500RC (my favorite of all my steel string guitars), Epi Dot (mod'ed with bone nut and all Gibson pots/caps), Epi LP Custom

Many other fine guitars from other manufacturers, too.
0

#19 User is offline   'Scales 

  • Lurking at the threshold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3017
  • Joined: 13-March 13
  • Locationpeace

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

Pleased you're keeping the Trans Amber Les Paul - it's a beauty and would be hard to associate it with someone else [smile]
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.

a few of my songs from first ever gig for originals band
0

#20 User is offline   kred9722 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 08-August 17

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

 Cougar, on 28 April 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

UPDATE

  • SOLD. The 2003 Masterbilt solid maple back and sides, solid spruce top EF500PNS is like new and super rare. Only two known to exist. With SKB hardshell case. $650.
  • SOLD. The 2005 Masterbilt AJ500RC (rosewood-cedar) 12-fret slot-head is also rare you don't see them come up for sale very often. Extraordinary volume and tone. Comes with Masterbilt zippered case w/ hygrometer. $600.
  • NOT FOR SALE! The Masterbilt EF500RAVS (rosewood-spruce) abalone binding & rosette, vintage sunburst. Upgraded with fossilized walrus ivory bridge and bridge pins. I am not anxious to sell this beauty, so the price is firm. With SKB hardshell case.
  • SOLD. Masterbilt EF500MNS (mahogany-spruce) is just another super Masterbilt guitar in excellent condition. With hardshell case. $500.
  • SOLD. Takamine 2013 GJ72CE-12-BSB acoustic-electric jumbo 12-string, nice sunburst, abalone rosette, excellent condition, plays great, with Takamine case. $400.
  • NOT FOR SALE. 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Flamed Translucent Amber. The flamed carved maple top is perfectly bookmatched. Epiphone stopped offering trans amber after 2011. Comes with excellent condition SKB case.
  • SOLD. 2013 Epiphone ES-339 Pro natural blonde, dual humbuckers with coil splitting, excellent condition, with Epiphone hardshell case. $350.
  • UP ON REVERB RIGHT NOW. 2014 IB64 FT-79 Texan 6-string acoustic-electric, rare cherryburst, excellent condition, with hardshell case. $350 + shipping for forum members.
  • NOT FOR SALE! 2012 Epiphone EJ-160E John Lennon signature, sunburst, very good condition. The new ones no longer have Lennon's signature! With mismatched hardshell case.
  • 2013 Epiphone EL-00 Pro acoustic-electric 6 string, sunburst, excellent condition, Epiphone hardshell case. $320.
  • 2011 Epiphone Performer ME TBK acoustic electric, flamed transluscent black, highly figured, abalone binding and rosette, E-sonic2 system - nanomag works, but not nanoflex, remarkable acoustic tone for a laminate, Epiphone hardshell case. $300.
  • 2013 Xaviere XV900 (ES-335 copy) flamed orangeburst, highly figured, Alnico Fat Pat pickups, no case. $220.
  • 2004 OG2CEB Oscar Schmidt by Washburn, 6-string acoustic electric, black, good condition, with cardboard-ish case. $150.


0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users