Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see your Les paul 100s

BowerR64

Last week i found one of these on guitar center used section for $149. says "great condition" now a few weeks before i found an EPI studio that also said "great condition" for $199. that thing was darn near mint. So im thinking this LP100 is going to be great for $149. when i got it there were 2 HUGE dings on the front down near the output jack and on the back just across the body from the first one. The paint was chipped off the front finish the back not so bad.

I messed with it all last night and got it setup REALLY nice. So far of the 4 EPIs i have so far this one has the thinnest neck of any LP ive played so far. Its the most like a Fender then any other LP ive tried so far. Fender is about all ive used till this year and for some reason it just feels more home then a fat Gibson style.

Im getting more comfortable with the Gibson scale and neck size though, the more i play em the more im starting to like em.

SO if your wanting a thin neck Gibson IMO this is the best one ive tried so far. Its a bit on the lower end side and bolt on neck but its not a bad guitar.

I took it back to GC and they ordered me another one but i kept the first one up there incase the second one has a crap neck. The neck on the first one felt so nice and it was straignt which im sure is hit and miss on these?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the replacement, its got some pretty good dings in it also but they are on the side not as noticeable as the first one. I think the neck on the first one was better then this one but its not a bad guitar for $150.

Anyone wanting a cheaper LP style and likes a thin neck the LP100 is a really good deal.

post-77720-055088800 1464083179_thumb.jpg

Archived