Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Vibe Guitars HS-P90

micronchip

Hello gibson forum, this is my first thread here and I hope there are many to come.

Let me start off by saying that my main guitar now is a washburn WI64, nice guitar overall though a regular les paul player may have to take some time to adjust to.

It is a humbucker guitar, simple as can be, has taken quite a beating from her previous owner but nothing that can't be taken care of nevertheless.

So, here I am, saving money for new pickups.

After some research that I did, for the sound that I want, I almost immediately fell into Pete Biltoft's Humbucker Sized P90s.

I contacted Pete mentioning the characteristics of the sound that I was going for and within a matter of hours we figured out what would be appropriate for my tastes.

It would be a sin not to say how spot-on and helpful the Vintage Vibe Guitars team are when it comes to making decisions that have to do with sound quality, not to mention genuine will to help with basically anything from item's delivery process concerns to sharing knowledge about tube amplifiers.

Items arrived at the local post service(Outside U.S.) six days after I completed my order and came well packed and safe from transportation bumps and whatnot, with a nice set of instructions that anyone basically can follow.

I'll be glad to answer any questions for anyone interested and maybe I can post a video with sound clips sometime soon.

Publicly I want to thank Pete Biltoft and his team for making the most crystal clear, fat and rich pickup one could ask for and for being the people that they are in this time of pay 'n spray music and sound approaching seen by so many.

John K.

Archived