Gibson Brands Forums

Less Less Plus Top

merciful-evans

I don’t like the look of my single cut Les Paul. I was thinking of sawing a bit out to make it into a double cut. The problem is strap pin would also disappear. Any ideas guys?

I’m not worried about the pup switch because I only use the neck pup. So I’ll just push it down before I start sawing.

Less%20Plus%20DC.jpg

I don’t like the look of my single cut Les Paul. I was thinking of sawing a bit out to make it into a double cut. The problem is strap pin would also disappear. Any ideas guys?

I’m not worried about the pup switch because I only use the neck pup. So I’ll just push it down before I start sawing.

Less%20Plus%20DC.jpg

Bwahaahaaa....

That made my day!

And I may suggest to refinish it in a nice faded, vintage TONE enhancing, flame-cancelling pinkburst!

Of course, it's just a joke.

It can't be done in a nice way: there would be a hole in the cutaway to be concealed (switch wire route), binding would be needed to be corrected, the paint job... doesn't worth the effort.

Bence.

]

Are you actually serious?? about this?

Just look at a LP double cut.. They have the pin on the top horn (which is bigger than the lower).. Or of course you could go the SG route and put on the back...

It was reading the 'Less Flamey Flame Top' thread that inspired this one. I was going to post it there at first.

While its true that I prefer DC looks, but I'm not that bothered about appearances, and am sometimes surprised by those who are.

When I got the LP last year, I preferred the Desert Burst finish, but it cost more so went with the Fireburst. As I said at the time, I'd have ordered a pink one it it meant another £100 reduction.

A DC Less+ would be pretty cool all the same though! :)

I am still not sure if you are actually serious about doing this???

It would be cool.. But a lot of work..

Wow, I must have been pretty convincing there!

No, not likely man!

There's been more interest shown in this guitar than any other when I gigged it a few weeks back. People seem to like them. In 20 years the Jackson Soloist never got that sort of attention. I'm not too sure how I feel about that.

Wow, I must have been pretty convincing there!

No, not likely man!

There's been more interest shown in this guitar than any other when I gigged it a few weeks back. People seem to like them. In 20 years the Jackson Soloist never got that sort of attention. I'm not too sure how I feel about that.

Lol... ok, just checking :)

FWIW, that guitar looks awsome! Maybe it's not so much that I'd like a plaintop better, but I do think mine would look better as a plaintop. If that's your I'd trade you in a heartbeat.

Its not mine but its looks like mine. Same model & same finish. Yes I have come to prefer plain tops now too.

Archived