Gibson Brands Forums

Me knobs are all wobbly...

flyingwondebus

Hi all..

Has anyone come across this rather irritating problem with a 2015 Les Paul Standard, the control knobs are all wobbly on the shaft, nothing wrong with the pots, its as if the hole in the knob is a little too big, this is from new. Its so bad it'simpossible to use the pull pots.

I know its possible to widen the split on the pot shaft but its all to easy to go too far and snap the pot, and I don't see why I should have to do this on a new guitar. Or is this a warranty job?

Thanks all..

Wrap some plumbers thread sealant tape (teflon tape) around the shafts, reinstall the knobs, and continue to enjoy your guitar.

Yes, it probably IS a quality control issue, but hardly worth a warranty repair and being without your guitar for who knows how long when you can just fix it with a $2 roll of teflon tape.

Wrap some plumbers thread sealant tape (teflon tape) around the shafts, reinstall the knobs, and continue to enjoy your guitar.

Yes, it probably IS a quality control issue, but hardly worth a warranty repair and being without your guitar for who knows how long when you can just fix it with a $2 roll of teflon tape.

Good idea, I've got a few rolls of that after re-plumbing the bathroom.

Archived