Gibson Brands Forums

L00 Case Suggestions Needed

jedzep

At one time, I owned a couple vintage L-00s and, when Harptone was still in business, their 00 case was a great fit. Unsure if the current Canadian-made model is the same, but it's a possibility.

Hey all!

I'm finally jacking up my cases and getting rid of some ill-fitting, mojofied ones. Have you found a nice fit for L0/L00's?

Thanks!

The repro redline case (I believe it's from TKL) that Gibson provides with the L-OO Legend is fantastic. Not sure how you could get one, but it is one of the best cases I own. If you can't get it from Gibson, they might provide the model number and/or specs so that you could get it from TKL or Cedar Creek.

I have an L-00 Blues King that came with a gig bag. I always wanted a hard Gibson case for it, and I asked around about it on here for a couple years, looked on ebay, etc. Then I saw that the new L-00 Standards came with a hard case, so one day I just phoned up Long and McQuade (kind of like Canada's version of GC, but they have a pretty solid reputation for a chain) and asked about ordering just a case. It was no problem - right in the catalogue. Ordered, and came a few days later! Hard case w/ Gibson logo on top, the case shown on the Gibson website.

The one from L&McQ sounds good!

That size Gibson is a nuisance for cases as the Blues King L-00 came in a yellow gig bag only and every single owner gets home, thinks: 'I should get a hard case for it' and then they are all gone. And the old Gibsons came in the self destructing crocodile cardboard numbers! The shops here won't sell a L-00 case separate because they cost as much to get here as a guitar, so most cases come with a guitar in them.

That said, I have bought quite a few cases!

My L-0 is in a green lined Martin 000 TKL. Came in a broken Martin case...

My Blues King is in a Epiphone EL-00 case. Came in a bag....

My LG-0 is in a Maton case. Came in cardboard croc case....

My LG-1 is in a classical guitar case. Came in the cardboard croc....

So imagine my chagrin when a friend bought a Gibson Blues King and went to a shop I have been to lots and came out with a used Hiscox Classical flightcase that fits like a glove. Recommend this one but quite expensive...depends if you drive or fly a lot.

Easier to take your guitar to a music shop to try the classical cases - they are all different!

BluesKing777.

So imagine my chagrin when a friend bought a Gibson Blues King and went to a shop I have been to lots and came out with a used Hiscox Classical flightcase that fits like a glove. Recommend this one but quite expensive...depends if you drive or fly a lot.

Easier to take your guitar to a music shop to try the classical cases - they are all different!

BluesKing777.

LG-size guitars fit really well in many classical cases, since the LG body plan is very similar to the "classical" Spanish guitar.

I just tried my L-OO in the fairly high-end classical case (TKL Prestige or Professional series) that came with my Spanish classical. The lower bout of the L-OO fits very well, but the L-OO upper bout is quite a bit smaller than the classical, so it would need some extra padding for a snug fit.

It would work in a pinch, but it isn't perfect.

Very good, guys. I have info to go on. Long and McQuade is an over-priced option. Classical cases are promising. I just bought a new Martin case for my 000-18 rehab for $125. Weird that there aren't comparable Gibson case options.

Thanks!

My vote would be Hiscox cases . If you contact them with the guitar model number they will supply the correct fitting case , Also the cases can be purchased in 3 levels of specification and protection . In the UK they start at around £99.00 Good luck

Here's the redline that came with my L00. I do not care for the latches.

1B94003D-494B-4C9C-A8C4-B59A07EBB0BE_zpsoletzbnd.jpg

Here's a Hiscox Classical case with a L00 and LC

9BEEA998-A660-4E96-8606-447146EB4E78_zps6wo4t96w.jpg

994766A1-32D1-4773-A1C0-40AAEC22B8EC_zpsderk1hch.jpg

Then a standard Gibson case that came with an LG2 then with the L00. The L00 lower bout is a little larger but it fit okay.

594058BF-E943-47F3-B56A-D22227E2D1ED_zpsce4tgegt.jpg

17752CB2-4681-42F5-8883-DAF7D08977EB_zpskbhsh4mr.jpg

Here's the redline that came with my L00. I do not care for the latches.

[i

Here's a Hiscox Classical case with a L00 and LC

9BEEA998-A660-4E96-8606-447146EB4E78_zps6wo4t96w.jpg

That's the 'Standard' Hiscox one my friend got for his Blues King L-00, but they also have 2 more expensive and thicker models. (Pro2 and Artist).

If I was moving around with a guitar, I would not leave home without one of these after seeing my friend's (he has quite a few gigs). Those stock standard Gibson and Martin cases are designed to do what? Crush at first instance but stop some dust?

Did you and your friends all stand on the case like in the ad, Dave? [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

My LC fits the Hiscox classical case perfect.

My vote would be Hiscox cases . If you contact them with the guitar model number they will supply the correct fitting case , Also the cases can be purchased in 3 levels of specification and protection . In the UK they start at around £99.00 Good luck

I actually came to recommend the Hiscox Pro II. I believe it should be the "size large classical" that will fit an L-00, though I'm not totally sure about that. I wish I still had the WM-00 I sold. I'd see if it fits in my large classical Hiscox Pro II, but I think it would/should, and so should an L-00.

These are great cases. In the UK, they are a hilarious bargain. We pay an upcharge here in the US because they have to be imported. I carried mine with me on the plane from London and plan to buy another when I go back this summer. :) I could still use two more dreadnought-sized ones.

Protip: Get the "cream" color or whatever it is rather than black. Black guitar cases like our standard Gibson ones just soak the heat from sunlight. Hiscoxes in general keep the temperature more stable for longer in any color, but the cream adds just a little more heat resistance (although I could be wrong--just seems to make sense).

Archived