Gibson Brands Forums

Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down

MorrisrownSal

You've never sounded less like Neil Young in any of your posts.

It's still great though , and standard tuning too ... It's one I've not practiced for years due to changing tuning

There's non-standard tuning on this?

Hi Sal- that sounds good.

I dont know this track, i like it. I can imagine Neil's voice on it but I like Sals attempt, like Murph said, sounds more fuller than the sometimes frustratingly whiney and high pitched tone of Mr Young.

Although not very "Neilish", I really liked your version, Sal. A cover version does not need to be like the original.

Here is Neil himself, for those who want to see how much he sounds like Sal [biggrin]

Lars

1464037778[/url]' post='1772033']

Was that seriously Guitar Light ??

Yes sir... A few months back he was blanketing all my old videos with comments and profanity... Including my daughter's school videos. If only I could track down his physical location... I'd like to politely work things out. :)

Ha. I need to work on my singing...

Here is Guitar Light on YouTube trying to help me along... msp_rolleyes.gif

37be70760ae429e22221dc70db7fe8c9_zpscfh3c4o8.jpg

Yes sir... A few months back he was blanketing all my old videos with comments and profanity... Including my daughter's school videos. If only I could track down his physical location... I'd like to politely work things out. :)

Ah now. , if you can't take constructive criticism then you shouldn't post videos !

😂

Clearly, this Guitar light dude is weird, and messed in the head.

If you read the post, AND you listen to the video, it clearly shows harassment in that it's obviously a demonstration of a guy who can sing AND play.

Here is constructive criticism: Parts sound like it isn't very practiced, but what is there to listen to, clearly shows an ability and a likelihood that it would be a better version than the original due to the sound of the voice and the guitar playing.

Not a PC answer or trying to be nice, but honestly- your voice and the sound of what you are playing is indeed good. And this is a very good use of it.

Your a better man than that Sal. Aholes will always be aholes. Cant change some people, that's just the way they are.

Archived