Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Strings

klawson

• 6 months later...

I bought Gibson strings happily for years from Juststrings. GREAT service from them. I used

Gibson Electric Guitar Brite Wires Nickel Plated, .010 - .046 Item Code: GIB_SEG-700L for $ 4.59 each

and

Gibson Acoustic Guitar Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze .012 - .053 Item Code: GIB_SAG-MB12 for $ 5.80 each plus freight

Gibson strings have become unavailable at Juststrings sometime after 3-28-16, date of my last Gibson string purchase. Having read that D'Addario made the strings for Gibson and seeing much higher prices for the Gibson strings elsewhere, I swiched. I also went to a light gauge acoustic at this time. I now use

D'Addario Electric Guitar Pro Steels .010 - .046, EPS510 Item Code: DAD_EPS510 for $ 4.72 each

and

D'Addario Acoustic Guitar Phosphor Bronze Environmental X Lite, .010 - .047, EJ15 Item Code: DAD_EJ15 for $ 4.90 each plus freight

I am very pleased with these strings.

• 1 month later...

I have a conspiracy theory that all guitar strings are made in the same factory and just packaged in different brand labels.

I know that is not really true, but Gibson and Fender make guitars not strings and I'm pretty sure someone else has always made their strings for them and packaged with their name. When you go into the grocery store and see your Ingles, Food Lion, Safeway whatever private label cheese - the grocer does not make cheese. Kraft or Sargento or someone else co-packs the cheese and puts the store label on it.

I don't think Brand has anything to do with strings. You just need to know which type feel and sound good for your guitar and application. Nickel, Copper, Bronze, Phosphor Bronze, Flatwound etc. etc.

Archived