Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul special edition korea

I have a special and ive had a special 2, ive i were to buy another one ide get the special 2.

The one i have now "The special" has a one piece tail/bridge all in one unit. Those IMO dont sound as good as the setup on a special 2 which is like a regular les paul as it has a tail piece and a bridge. There are 2 parts to the bridge, a string anchor tail piece part and the tune-o-matic bridge. The 2 part is a better design and has more adjustability.

The one piece units have a fixed adjustability and usually they arnt set right so they always sound a little out of tune. least to my ears.

One thing i have picked up on out of the few ive bought and checked out so far. The better Epiphones or those with better necks have the epiphone in a fancier font or color type. Like a pearl look or something to it. All the necks ive found that play good the logo looks more fancy.

I have a special and ive had a special 2, ive i were to buy another one ide get the special 2.

The one i have now "The special" has a one piece tail/bridge all in one unit. Those IMO dont sound as good as the setup on a special 2 which is like a regular les paul as it has a tail piece and a bridge. There are 2 parts to the bridge, a string anchor tail piece part and the tune-o-matic bridge. The 2 part is a better design and has more adjustability.

The one piece units have a fixed adjustability and usually they arnt set right so they always sound a little out of tune. least to my ears.

One thing i have picked up on out of the few ive bought and checked out so far. The better Epiphones or those with better necks have the epiphone in a fancier font or color type. Like a pearl look or something to it. All the necks ive found that play good the logo looks more fancy.

he's speaking of a "special edition" not a Special or Special II. just a phrase Epiphone uses when they have a limited run or a special color.

Archived