Gibson Brands Forums

Scored another great old fuzz pedal!

Dub-T-123

I just got this in today, it's an old Guild Foxey Lady from probably '67 or '68

This is actually a Mosrite Fuzzrite with the Sprague encapsulated circuit (silicon transistors) which was sold under the Guild name. If you're a fuzz lover like me then this thing sounds absolutely beautiful. Lots of raunchy harmonics with some upper octave overtones. Low noise and plenty of volume on tap. This thing rips!! It sounds quite different from my germanium Fuzzrite.

Had to take a break from playing to share, now I'm going back to riff land [thumbup]

B87F4CFB-9768-4DA3-926E-6EF5065CC961_zpstz13ogi1.jpg

6C330772-1285-473C-9BA7-5D46BA2103EB_zpsxxd9vjtd.jpg

Not one comment? where are the fuzz fanatics?

Even I know that is a major score.

And there is even PICS of the inside.

Ya know the Fuzzrite has always flown under the radar somewhat compared to the Fuzz Face and Tone Bender etc [smile]

Nice catch!

That actually doesn't look very complicated.....

Do you think it would be a good thing to try for a newbie, sort of first DIY project?

Yeah I recommend it! You're not going to find this amazingly convenient encapsulated Fuzzrite circuit unfortunately. But you could build it on stripboard. Most of the schematics that I see for this are missing a 22K resistor from depth pot lug 3 to ground so keep that in mind if you build this. PM me if you have any questions on it

Very cool!!

I love it.

:)

Thanks amigo

Great Score Dubs [thumbup] [thumbup] Would you post a demo? What is the on/off slider switch for on the pedal between the volume and fuzz knobs?

I don't have a recording setup but I'll see what I can muster up with the ol iPhone. That switch turns the battery on or off

Happy new fuzz day to you! That is one freak out the squares box of heavy psych.

First thing I noticed was how similar the appearance is to a Fuzzrite; minus the on/off switch being on the top of the pedal. There is nothing like the nasty tones out of a good Si fuzz.

Happy riffing.

The squares were using them when you were sh1ttin mustard.

rct

I doubt that (the squares part. I was born in the mid seventies so my parents weren't even married when psychedelic music peaked). How would you know this anyway? You ain't that much older than me, are you?

I doubt that (the squares part. I was born in the mid seventies so my parents weren't even married when psychedelic music peaked). How would you know this anyway? You ain't that much older than me, are you?

I don't know! I'm 56, so yeah, I woulda been using one of them possibly when you were sh1ttin mustard. I think they were a bit later though if I'm not mistaken. I was prolly using an LPB when you were sh1ttin mustard.

I'm poking at you. Someday when you can say you were doing something when someone was sh1ttin mustard you will enjoy it too!

rct

Who ever heard of a square rocking the Fuzzrite? The Fuzzrite destroys all equilateral oppression

This pedal is over twice as old as me so I wasn't pooping anything for a few more decades haha. My opinion there is irrelevant :)

In true fuzz fiend form I had ordered another old stomp around the same time as the Foxey Lady. This one took a while to get here all the way from Finland.

This is a '78 Colorsound Supa Wah Fuzz. This particular version is a really cool pedal because it includes both the Colorsound Fuzz Box circuit (modified silicon Fuzz Face circuit) as well as the classic Colorsound Wah circuit (the one with the inductor). Each circuit is individually switchable and true bypass. BC184C transistors

9961F918-3D65-4553-B211-0B4E4103C292_zpsosu1pn84.jpg

8355583A-1176-494E-BEAF-92ED7488FAC6_zpsemgp68xv.jpg

7CC49097-7644-4859-869F-57FF802A07CF_zps8gd8hkfa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Si fuzz mixed with a wah? Sounds dangerous.

It's intense. The Colorsound wah has a pretty high range, so that toe down position with the fuzz can bring the hurt depending on the amp/volume. The fuzz is very cool but overall I prefer my NKT275 fuzz face for that type of fuzz. The wah is a little more interesting to me. It's a nice flavor to have in addition to my Crybabys

For my taste, the Foxey Lady is bliss. I am loving that pedal. Just took it out for a jam this weekend and got to crank it through the Marshall stack at the studio. You can add so much texture to the mix with it. It's really cool [thumbup]

Archived