Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom

I am thinking about buying a used Custom Les Paul finished in silver burst. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to verify that it's genuine. I've seen a picture of the Certificate of Authenticity, but the serial number looks a little funny to me based on what I know about how Gibson assigns numbers. According to the current owner, he purchased the guitar in 2012. The serial number on the COA is CS 203313. If anyone can help me get comfortable going ahead with the purchase, it would be much appreciated.

Because I am not fond of the silver-burst finish, you understand.

Never really cared for it.

It has nothing to do with the topic of serial numbers and authenticity.

That holds no interest for me, whatsoever.

:unsure:

I am thinking about buying a used Custom Les Paul finished in silver burst. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to verify that it's genuine. I've seen a picture of the Certificate of Authenticity, but the serial number looks a little funny to me based on what I know about how Gibson assigns numbers. According to the current owner, he purchased the guitar in 2012. The serial number on the COA is CS 203313. If anyone can help me get comfortable going ahead with the purchase, it would be much appreciated.

Email pictures of the guitar and serial number to us at service@gibson.com and we'll be happy to check it out.

Archived