Gibson Brands Forums

Backup for my jr

Hendrixlvr

Hi folks....been a while since posted. I'm absolutely in love with my Les Paul Jr double cut, but I want to start playing out and need a back-up.....my problem is I've been playing so many trying to find a decent backup guitar, and I want something with a neck pickup in case I need it, and the closest I've found to something I like is the 2015 Les Paul special double cut, but it's got that damn robot tuner, and that stupid zero fret nut, and I hate the new necks, but it SOUNDS killer lol. I also like the simplicity of the one volume/one tone like my jr....there are other older ones out there, but they all have the 4 knob configuration......anyone have any suggestions for a decent backup? Please help lol

Hofner Colorama (late model) -

Slab mahogany body

One-piece mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard

Dual mini-humbuckers

One volume/one tone

Familiar stop bar tailpiece & ABR-style bridge

Looks like a Melody Maker and has a nice fat neck. I've collected five of 'em over the years (P-90s and mini-humbuckers), they play and sound great for an inexpensive guitar. [thumbup]

Hofner Colorama (late model) -

Slab mahogany body

One-piece mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard

Dual mini-humbuckers

One volume/one tone

Familiar stop bar tailpiece & ABR-style bridge

Looks like a Melody Maker and has a nice fat neck. I've collected five of 'em over the years (P-90s and mini-humbuckers), they play and sound great for an inexpensive guitar. [thumbup]

I'm a Hofner fan too. Havn't played one of those though.

Archived