Gibson Brands Forums

Shake Your Moneymaker

BluesKing777

Thanks Dan!

The noisy hiss at the end of the recording could be the end of the party!

I thought I was going to burn out my fingers but instead something else has burned out - hope it is the mic lead and not the mixer channel....too much boogie woogie?

BluesKing777.

Excellent. You still should probably go ahead and soak your fingers in ice

Thanks Mr Walker, will do!

I may then brave the guitar gremlins in the music room to see what has gone kaput to make that noise on the end of the recording, hope it is the mic lead, sounds like it.

The guitar is the model with toasted top and everything they promised is true!

BluesKing777.

Wow, you are a good player!

Thanks LiveMusic!!!

I know this is a Gibson Forum, but I want to rant about this guitar - Martin OM18 Authentic 1933! Who cares what make, if it is sensational? With the big neck and wide spacing, it is just perfect for fingerstyle, but just not for everyone, that's for sure!

I was just playing some slower tunes a minute ago and the tone is just superb, words are not enough. It has the torrefied top and light bracing and build to make it as close as they can to what you bought in 1933. I Tonerited it for a few days just after I got it a few months back and now....

OM-bampW1_zpsbzwogfjd.jpg

BluesKing777.

(waiting to try the torrefied Gibson acoustics but none here yet. I think the J45 Vintage will be the one for me! [smile] )

Archived