Gibson Brands Forums

Good news

Motherofpearl

Hey all been since May 3rd since the city of Fort McMurray was evacuated. Looks as if my home is still standing and unless the looters got at them my other Gibsons may make it. We are being allowed back to the city on June 3rd. But I believe that it just to access our properties and grab whatever we need to get by.

Anyway can't wait to get back to normal and start picking on a guitar.

I'm in a work camp right now north of the city away from my family.

That is hopeful news indeed. I cannot imagine being in your situation, but I am glad to read this.

And it just goes to show you, not everyone wants a torrefied top, eh? ;)

Best to you- I'm sure it's safe to say we're all pulling for you and hoping your next new normal comes real soon.

-Anne

Disasters of this magnitude can be overwhelming. But, as our President says - 'Let no good crisis go to waste'. If you continue to think positively - it will make for a better future for you and your family in the coming weeks. We are all glad you will soon be back Picking and Grinning !

So happy to hear that not only is your house still standing but that you will be able to play your Gibsons when you get there! The people of Ft. Mac are still in the thoughts of the whole country. We are wishing you the best!

Thanks everyone! We are really excited to get back home. Be awhile before we can live there but at least we have something to look forward too. I appreciate all your thoughts. We also had a little rain last night to boot!

I hope to God everything is like you left it, Mother. I really had no idea how tragic this fire was until you mentioned it here and I started finding more about it in the news. Don't know that I'd have the strength and faith that you folks have. God Bless and I hope/pray all your belongings are in great shape and that your lives soon return to normal.

Archived