Gibson Brands Forums

Duane v and Big Kahune have been strangely quiet lately....

.... Not sure exactly what you're implying with the above link in regards to my quietness, but I hope for the sake of your membership, you better hope you're not implying I'm a thief [glare]

No Sir! It's just that you and Big Kahune seem to be our resident acoustic/electric big-time collectors. And I hadn't seen any posts from y'all lately.

Just rattlin' your cages.

Can I stay? eusa_pray.gif

PS: Nice new git!

Fair enough...

But please understand I've spent $80k of my hard earned pay over the last five years on new Gibson instruments, and some I've donated to the Ronald McDonald's House in Los Angeles so kids can have nice instruments to play while going through treatment..... And being associated with a report of musical theft when I don't think I have ever given the impression that I'm remotely that kind of person, especially from someone I don't know pisses me off a little.

to be our resident acoustic/electric big-time collectors.

and for the record I'm a player, not a collector.... All my guitars have either buckle rash and or forearm haze.

All is cool and have a great weekend [thumbup]

I would Nix this thread and start over.. Im sure this has been takin out of context.. a little humour thats gone sideways..

No worries.... It can serve as little reminder to me not to get my panties in a bunch [blush]

I can fully understand and sympathize with Duane. No doubt about it. Yet, at the same time I understand and at times take part in the teasing that we do over the internet with friends. Some subjects and situations are better left alone as jokes and this was one of them. In an internet forum all we really get is text. Difficult to pick-up all the nuances and meanings of a human voice in mere typed letters. I knew it was intended a joke as I read it and Duane obviously did also, but the items stolen make the joke more personal to someone who is a true lover and collector of instruments. ......... I think the dust has settled and just want Duane to know that I knew it was a joke and that he was in no way connected, and I want FullMental to know that I understand it was intended as a way to be funny. I've said things before in forums that I had to back-track on after it was pointed-out to me how someone may have taken it. At the time I cracked my little joke, it didn't enter my mind that the subject of my clever remark might mis-understand or simply be offended by something I truly meant as a joke or a way of being clever. Anyway, I hope things are fine in here.

Also, Duane, is your guitar a CJ165? That's one model that still on my radar for sometime in the future. Looks like maple to me, although I'm far from an expert on most guitars.

Also, Duane, is your guitar a CJ165? That's one model that still on my radar for sometime in the future. Looks like maple to me, although I'm far from an expert on most guitars.

It's a Gibson Limited Edition J185-EC Quilt Custom Acoustic-Electric Guitar... I have a 1997 EC30 Blues King as well

I do agree that we need some CJ-165 content around here, though.

Archived