Gibson Brands Forums

Cool Amp Find

Just returned from a great week in Boston visiting my youngest brother and his family. I'm proud of my little Bro and all that he's accomplished and growing up, although 10 years difference in age, we were very close.

I taught him to play guitar and he played in bands, toured the country and finally settled down in the Boston area. He now is part owner and GM of a restaurant in Cambridge and doing great.

Last week before I invaded his place his wife was helping her family clean out her Grandmothers house and under the basement stairs they discovered an old VOX amp. Seems her Grandfather used to play a little back in the 60s but the amp has sat there for almost 50 years.

It's a 1967 VOX Pacemaker. Sweet little solid state amp with a working tremelo. We messed with it a little. Cleaned it up and she works really well.

We took it to a local tech to get the electrical chord changed to 3 prong and perform some general maintenance but a really cool find and his wife and Mother in law are happy his musical legacy can be passed down.

The only sad part is the chrome stand that these came with got thrown out with the trash before I got there because his wife didn't know what it was for.

Here it is with my Bro's 52 reissue.

IMG_1345_zpsa6chiuht.jpg

Me checking it out

IMG_1350_zpsda8n8puq.png

IMG_1338_zps1oz3wuse.jpg

That is very awesome! [thumbup] He is smiling down on you playing through that amp for certain. That's too bad about the chrome stand. Keep your eyes open as will the rest of us - there very well might be a stand out there somewhere just waiting to hug that amp. Enjoy! [thumbup]

Here ya go :)

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/vox/trolleys/

NCM-001.jpg

Only $22 + $6 shipping [thumbup]

That is very awesome! [thumbup] He is smiling down on you playing through that amp for certain. That's too bad about the chrome stand. Keep your eyes open as will the rest of us - there very well might be a stand out there somewhere just waiting to hug that amp. Enjoy! [thumbup]

Here ya go :)

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/vox/trolleys/

NCM-001.jpg

Only $22 + $6 shipping [thumbup]

Actually the $22 one is for a miniature amp.

I believe the one he needs is the $199 AC 15 one

Great little amps. I found one in the early '80's which still had the original Vox Bulldog speaker. I was amazed at the sound that little amp put out when I hooked up a 2x12 cabinet. I wish I still had it. Vox built some cool amps.

Archived