Gibson Brands Forums

NGD.......odd ball

NHTom

SO this reached out to me at my local shop a few weeks back........put it on lay away and picked it up tonight.

ESP Ron Wood signature tele.............

ronwoodesp1_zpsvrvpuyvl.jpg

ronwoodesp3_zpspqwgjyjn.jpg

ronwoodesp4_zpsvyox8dmc.jpg

Built like a tank, plays great........amazing sustain......really happy with it.

NHTom

Nice! I've run into a few of them in my life, and along with the Schecter PT, the only not Leo Teles I would even consider. Play it long time in good health!

rct

SO this reached out to me at my local shop a few weeks back........put it on lay away and picked it up tonight.

ESP Ron Wood signature tele.............

ronwoodesp1_zpsvrvpuyvl.jpg

ronwoodesp3_zpspqwgjyjn.jpg

ronwoodesp4_zpsvyox8dmc.jpg

Built like a tank, plays great........amazing sustain......really happy with it.

NHTom

Wow, i didnt even know esp made teles, love the use of a humbucker neck position, turns the tele into a real workhorse. Very nice! id love to play one someday.

The more I play this, the more I like it.

Not a hard rock or metal guitar, but that's no it's intent.

Between the pickup combination and the fact that it responds very well to the volume knob, it's got a great range of tones in it.

From harder "outlaw" country to blues/southern rock, this thing is a dream.

Got the tele twang in the bridge, a nice blues/rock chunk in the middle, and creamy smooth lead in the neck.

I grew up with the "shred" ESP's in the eighties and they were great guitars, but I still can't get over the build quality of this thing......as solid as they come. Yes, I bit heavy in the tele world, but I'd rather have it that way than wimpy.

NHTom

Not at all an original case.

They made it clear when I bought it that it had a case, but not anything great.

I will probably add an original case at some point, but for now, this one does ok.

When the time comes, it will get shuffled to my last remaining guitar in a bag, so I don't mind.

NHTom

Nice. I don't think of Ron Wood when I think Teles. Keef yes, but Ron no. Nice I currently have to Tele.

Wow, i didnt even know esp made teles, love the use of a humbucker neck position, turns the tele into a real workhorse. Very nice! id love to play one someday.

Only think of an LS when I think of Ron, ah well. Looks great - HNGD!

ESP been in the Fender high end copy business for a long, long time. Ronnie been with ESP for a long, long time too.

Ronnie is kinda a guitar ****. He ain't never been tied down to one type. There is that Zamiatis he got he is known for, but THAT association is even a bit exaggerated because he is really the only one that played it regular, and it's such a COOL guitar. But really, he will play a Special, a Strat, he has and does play lots of different stuff. There really is no one "Ronnie Wood" guitar.

It's NO surprise he also plays a copy of his glimmer twin's guitar, as he often plays his guitar parts too, on any given night.

Archived