Gibson Brands Forums

1998 Blueshawk Limited Edition

rhietala

Looking for info on 1998 Blueshawk. It is a limited edition, southern comfort house of blues rock n roots 1998 music series. It has gold hardware and a under finish decal. No info on the web. Someone selling one claims only 50 made. Any info would be helpful.

Bob

In those days House of Blues, HardRock Cafe, sports teams, beer brands, lots of "limited edition" guitars. Most were give aways that I remember, come spend some money at HardRock, see Creed, we're giving away a guitar you could win! That kinda stuff.

rct

• 8 months later...

rct is correct!!

I HAD one of the Southern Comfort House of Blues Rock N Root Series 1998 Blueshawks many years ago & also have a Fruit of the Loom The Hawk..

IIRC these were given away at Charlie Daniels concerts in the mid 90s, Some where signed by the artists others like mine where not..

As far as how many were made, The world may never know..

I do know that I sold mine to Guitar Emporium in Louisville towards a Les Paul Classic Premium Plus Trans Amber & later bought another Blueshawk as well as my son buying one two..

The quality of the house of blues was the same as the others..

I will note that 1st & 2nd Blueshawks had rounded profile necks & the 3rd had the V shape neck, The round is the same as a Nighthawk..

Congrats on the SCHOB Blueshawk!!

Archived