Gibson Brands Forums

Summers Here!

IanHenry

Yesterday evening I went for a Bicycle ride around the lanes near where I live and thought how beautiful the World looks now Summers here. I took a few pictures and thought it would be great if everyone could show us how it looks where you are. I know this could exclude Digger and his fellow Southern hemisphere inhabitants, but I'm sure they'll be able to produce something.

P1020153.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020150.jpg

P1020145.jpg

Ian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous, Ian!

Such a lovely country-side.

I'll bet it looks beautiful in the Autumn as well.

:)

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, but have you any pictures of Alabama? I'm sure you'll have some great views to share.

Ian

Santa Monica mountains, Southern California. We really don't have 4 Seasons here, we have 2: Hot and dry and cool and dry. During the cool and dry period, occasionally it rains (or mists). Today it should get up to 100F/37C. As you can see, some of the bushes are already dried. I need to water them. Rosenthal winery in the valley in the 2nd photo.

IMG_0174_zpskzsriikt.jpg

IMG_0180_zpsrxd86nnt.jpg

Nice pictures...I have to look and see if I have any of here in Indiana that does not only have corn fields in it. Tman, That pic makes me want to head right back out there..Nice

The point of this thread is to show your locale! If you have corn fields, show them!

I plan on going for a bike ride after work, i'll try and take some nice shots of the beautiful landscape that is suburban cook county in Illinois.

If any of you SoCal guys wanna meet up for a beer and/or guitar geek session I'm in Orange County [thumbup]

I'm at work in Newport Beach right now and the weather is beautiful!

Ahhh man. I'm too far north from you Dubs, I'm around Moorepark/Simi Valley area.

Cheers from St. Augustine, FL

I didn't take this shot, but this is a pretty typical summer day.

FL-StAug172.jpg

This one I did take from the dock on my street overlooking the intracoastal waterway at sunrise. It's nice to get a little dose of this before driving to work... Though it can make me not want to go to work! [biggrin]

IMG_4492.jpg

Nice pics, Ian and Tman!

Tman… I like your summary of So Cal "seasons". I'd like to add...

I am originally from the north east, and live in the San Fernando Valley… and in my estimation, we get 6 months of Summer, 5.5 months of Spring... and a couple weeks of "Fall"—which occur somewhere around early-mid December.

[glare]

No problems Ian, enjoy it while you can!

I keep forgetting how beautiful the countryside in the UK is, thanks for the reminder and to all others posting pics.

Very interesting fellas.

My wife keeps hounding me to take her to the UK but I need to sell the farm here so I can get a few things fixed before I could travel on a plane that long.

Keep encouraging me~

Guest Farnsbarns

That's Aluminium wire used to set branches in position. Next spring it will come off. It does look a little like the thin black tubing you saw because it's anodised.

Archived