Gibson Brands Forums

Synapse transcale and tunings and strings

lolo_guitar

• 1 year later...

hi

have you tried to tune your synapse in E? without the capo

is it a good solution ?

which strings must we use? ELIXIr, barytone Steinberger or classic Steinberger strings ?

transcale model ?

Hi,

I bought mine last month, it comes with 010 string gauge and it was very soft to play. I tunned it to E standard and it was fine too (I used to play a strato with 010 standard gauge).

I change the string gauge to 013 with A standard tunning, but I dont like it anymore... The strings are D´Addario 0.10 stardard for 7 string and I use the top 6 on my baritone. The last string (059) is no good at all, very soft, without sustain. I change my tunning now to A#, and the first 5 strings are good... I must change my 6th string. Anyway, my only problem with the Synapse is string action. With both string gauges is the same high, and the bridge it is all to the left...

Sorry about my english. Let mee know if you dont understand me.

Bye bye!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I bought mine last month, it comes with 010 string gauge and it was very soft to play. I tunned it to E standard and it was fine too (I used to play a strato with 010 standard gauge).

I change the string gauge to 013 with A standard tunning, but I dont like it anymore... The strings are D´Addario 0.10 stardard for 7 string and I use the top 6 on my baritone. The last string (059) is no good at all, very soft, without sustain. I change my tunning now to A#, and the first 5 strings are good... I must change my 6th string. Anyway, my only problem with the Synapse is string action. With both string gauges is the same high, and the bridge it is all to the left...

Sorry about my english. Let mee know if you dont understand me.

Bye bye!

The Steinberger Synapse TranScale with the capo off is usually tuned down to D. Thus for E you have the Capo on the 2nd Fret. Strings have been an issue to find.

Archived