Gibson Brands Forums

It's about time for some new Epi acoustics

Mickthemiller

Epiphone have already announced the four new electrics they will be unveiling at NAMM so I think if there were going to be any new acoustics we would have heard about it by now.

They either don't care about us acousticists or they are scared msp_rolleyes.gif

Sorry msp_crying.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_rolleyes.gif

Anyway I like it and I may want one.

:lol: All good.

Actually it had already caught my eye too. I've only seen pictures to date and I don't think anyone has actually had the chance to play one, but it does look good. Not that my finances will stretch any further than a set of new strings right now.

Incidentally Mick, have you seen this weeks Acoustic Paradiso on Andertons YouTube channel? They compared three Gibson slope shoulders and, spoiler alert ,

your J15 fared very well.

:lol: All good.

Actually it had already caught my eye too. I've only seen pictures to date and I don't think anyone has actually had the chance to play one, but it does look good. Not that my finances will stretch any further than a set of new strings right now.

Incidentally Mick, have you seen this weeks Acoustic Paradiso on Andertons YouTube channel? They compared three Gibson slope shoulders and, spoiler alert ,

your J15 fared very well.

Hi Irish, yes I did see the paradiso. Very good and very pleased about Mick's comment that the J15 was better than some J45s he'd played, nice! I'm off the buyers list at the moment, just bought a Furch OM 21sw - another walnut b&s guitar. Now frantically trying to sell some guitars to make room.

Hi Irish, yes I did see the paradiso. Very good and very pleased about Mick's comment that the J15 was better than some J45s he'd played, nice! I'm off the buyers list at the moment, just bought a Furch OM 21sw - another walnut b&s guitar. Now frantically trying to sell some guitars to make room.

So you bought a Furch eh? [thumbup]

That's very European of you :rolleyes: Smart move to get it before the prices go through the roof.

I've looked longingly at Furches a few times, they make some really good, high quality, understated guitars, though I wasn't familiar with the OM 21 sw and had to look it up. Looks like a great guitar and walnut is a really attractive wood. How is the "open pore" finish?

So you bought a Furch eh? [thumbup]

That's very European of you :rolleyes: Smart move to get it before the prices go through the roof.

I've looked longingly at Furches a few times, they make some really good, high quality, understated guitars, though I wasn't familiar with the OM 21 sw and had to look it up. Looks like a great guitar and walnut is a really attractive wood. How is the "open pore" finish?

Open pore is fine Irish. A bit of Matt don't bother me none. BTW I see Epiphone have come up with some new acoustics, albeit arch tops!!! And the Brexit clowns have really done for us re exchange rates. I expected it though. Although having said that the Furch went up by nearly £50 a few days after I got it and it's now gone back to the price I paid. It's a rollacoaster ride for the next two or three years. All we need now is Mr T as pres and we are really up s... creek. Apologies to supporters of both.

Archived