Gibson Brands Forums

If Epiphone wasn't called Epiphone would you buy one instead of a Gibson?

Matt.taylor14

Okay, so I read a forum basically about the difference between Gibson guitars and Epiphone guitars.

My question is, what if Epiphone changed its name to a more premium sounding name (on par with Gibson), would it make you tempted to buy more of them because the product sounds more professional and rebuild a reputation Epiphone had before it became "budget" Gibsons?

Also, if you would agree that a change of name may sound better for Epiphone, what would you change it too?

Thanks

Matt

Okay, so I read a forum basically about the difference between Gibson guitars and Epiphone guitars.

My question is, what if Epiphone changed its name to a more premium sounding name (on par with Gibson), would it make you tempted to buy more of them because the product sounds more professional and rebuild a reputation Epiphone had before it became "budget" Gibsons?

Also, if you would agree that a change of name may sound better for Epiphone, what would you change it too?

Thanks

Matt

what makes the name "Gibson" premium sounding? I'm not sure Epiphone as a company name sounds unprofessional. maybe because it's been around for over 140 years. currently, Epiphone has a pretty good reputation worldwide and the brand obviously sells. the best thing Epiphone has going for it is that people that want a Les Paul and only have 4 or 500 bucks can buy a decent new guitar. so, to change the name of a company with so much history and recognition around the globe would be probably the worst thing that could ever happen to the company.

Archived