Gibson Brands Forums

Should Epiphone change its name to a more premium name?

Matt.taylor14

Okay, so I read a forum basically about the difference between Gibson guitars and Epiphone guitars.

My question is, if Epiphone wasn't named Epiphone would you buy one instead of Gibsons?

What if Epiphone changed its name to a more premium sounding name (on par with Gibson), would it make you buy more of them because the product sounds more professional and rebuild a reputation Epiphone had before it became "budget" Gibsons?

Also, if you would agree that a change of name may sound better for Epiphone, what would you change Epiphone too?

Thanks

Matt

Okay, so I read a forum basically about the difference between Gibson guitars and Epiphone guitars.

My question is, if Epiphone wasn't named Epiphone would you buy one instead of Gibsons?

What if Epiphone changed its name to a more premium sounding name (on par with Gibson), would it make you buy more of them because the product sounds more professional and rebuild a reputation Epiphone had before it became "budget" Gibsons?

Also, if you would agree that a change of name may sound better for Epiphone, what would you change Epiphone too?

Thanks

Matt

Can't say I'd change anything about Epiphone; they are what they are and people in the know will usually expect a certain result when buying one. I'd certainly buy some Gibson guitars because they are Gibson guitars. The same goes that I would buy Epiphone because they are Epiphone.

This is the same sort of argument as saying whether you prefer American or Mexican Fender, at least to me. Generally-speaking you get what you pay for. People are happy with that.

Rambling...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived