Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Serial Confused

Gypsynicks

I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard. Black with white guard. Bought it for my daughter, used, at least 8 years ago. I don't understand how to decipher the serial number to find out when and where it was made. As we have to sell, would like some info. Any help would be appreciated. Serial #16121944.

And according to the epiphone wiki the serial number had a one digit year code on some models prior to 1997.

Factory codes were frequently not included pre 1994.

The Les Paul Standard Epiphone started in 1989. So I'd bet on a build date of December 1996

And according to the epiphone wiki the serial number had a one digit year code on some models prior to 1997.

Factory codes were frequently not included pre 1994.

The Les Paul Standard Epiphone started in 1989. So I'd bet on a build date of December 1996

Excellent work! [thumbup]

Good luck with the sale. Sorry you have to part with it. Is your daughter upgrading or is not playing guitar any more?

Unfortunately she needs the money. I bought it at a pawn shop for her when she was 19. Also bought an old Marshall amp G30R CD and a couple of pedals. She's selling it all. She's pretty heartbroken. She has an old Fender Acoustic she can play. So she's not giving up on guitar all together. Thanks for asking. :)

Archived