Gibson Brands Forums

will Gibson LP pickguard fit on Epi LP?

Black Dog

Don`t think so, the Gibson pups are imperial measure (larger) and Epiphone pups are metric (smaller), the bezels (pup rings) likewise.

Because the Gibson measurements are very slightly larger, you may get a sloppy fit using Gibson guard but it won`t be

a nice tight look.

No, it won't. [crying]

Don`t think so, the Gibson pups are imperial measure (larger) and Epiphone pups are metric (smaller), the bezels (pup rings) likewise.

As for my Epi and my Gibbies, it's the other way round. The outer dimensions of my Epi pickup rings around her stock Gibson pickups are larger than those used on all of my Gibsons.

All Epi parts are imperial sized. Except one with historical parts and ABR-1 bridge, all of my Gibsons have metric metal parts, i. e. not including plastics like pickup rings and pickguards if applicable. To my knowledge Gibson began switching to metric in 1958 and finished around 1974.

Fact is, no Gibson plastic parts will fit to an Epi, let alone metal parts. [crying] I think the only exception is the TP-6 on the Epi B.B. King "Lucille" featuring probably metric tailpiece bushings like non-historic Gibsons do, at least the eight of mine.

Archived