Gibson Brands Forums

Political threads and flatulence

ksdaddy

Since we are here, and even maybe getting ready to "cross the line"...might be worth bringing up the subject of WHEN something turns "political" and how not to go there.

My running joke lately is "I'm gonna make it political", which to me is funny, because it seems there isn't ANYTHING that can be talked or brought up that someone doesn't want to be a chance to make something political out of it.

Point is, it seems to NOT let something be about politics takes effort, and by "effort", I mean you have to actually make the effort to go the other way, cause it will devolve to being politics on it's own without any.

So, some subjects, which aren't considered "political" by many, are already considered political by many just based on the subject matter. THAT can seem, or be, unfair because we really can't say, or have no control over what is considered "political".

I MIGHT suggest that IF the left or the right has taken a stance on a particular subject, we might recognize that as a hijack by extremist views, and be ready not to indulge either side. That's kinda that "effort" thing. Just because activist or "politics" has embraced something doesn't mean we have to let that be or give it credibility.

In other words, not just a matter of letting politics in, but taking the politics out. Kinda have to do that anyway, cause at some point, there won't be any subject left to talk about. And most subjects even now already have some sides that have already put politics into it.

To sum up, don't LET politics rule, if they are there, take them out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can tell a lot about people and how they perceive themselves and their own set of values and ideals by the political candidate they support. And about their need to be heard. I agree that political rants are absurd on a guitar board, and I know I'm one of the worst offenders. But, I've never started a political rant... ended a few... but never started one.

Guest Farnsbarns

Who's voting for Trump then?

That was a joke. No one answer that what ever you do!

Thanks for modding KSD. I think I missed the fun.

I'll wolf down a big can of Dinty Moore beef stew and take ANY of you on.

Ksdaddy?

Thems fartin words.

I can peel paint.

And my tone and timbre makes a 59 Paul sound like a Danelectro.

Don't make me post a video.

The other day I farted and it sounded just like Chewbacca. I couldn't do that again if I tried.

Yet....I try.

Ever notice the most toxic ones occur when you're squatting down working on something? It's usually when I'm trapped in that position that I have one of those soft silent ones where my underwear is hot for about 5 minutes and I see my father telling me to come to the light.

I find Wal-Mart to be inspirational in that regard. There's no public recreation quite as satisfying as silently bombing a cluster of unwary shoppers and moving away before the impact sets in. All those accusatory glances aimed at the members of their little crowd - priceless!

The other day I farted and it sounded just like Chewbacca. I couldn't do that again if I tried.

Yet....I try.

Ever notice the most toxic ones occur when you're squatting down working on something? It's usually when I'm trapped in that position that I have one of those soft silent ones where my underwear is hot for about 5 minutes and I see my father telling me to come to the light.

Oh my god!!! I laughed so hard I pooted

Yet....I try.

Man, I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

That's nose spray material right there.

That was a beauty!

However, I kinda like the smell of my own farts. As I pull out hints of what I had to eat.

Yet....I try.

I have to agree with the other sophisticates. I giggled at this one last night harder than I had giggled at anything in...well, at least an hour or so.

rct

Well,, I've heard blue darts can go internal. Having lit a plethora of them in my youth I've never come close to seeing it. Closest ever was a real skinny a$$ friend of mine lit one in his baggy gitch. He jumped real high, kinda burned his crack and you could smell the singed butt hair but there was no internal combustion.

Archived