Gibson Brands Forums

Won a spot opening for Grand Funk Railroad 7/29/2016

10K-DB

awesome! Congrats on the gig - great stuff man.

I have checked out some of your stuff and really enjoyed it - you the V player?

Thanks so much,,no Im not the V guy,,I do have a 2011 SG Standard,,BoB{other gtr player} has quite a collection of Gibbies,,V's,,Ace Freeley LP,,ect . This vids is the BC RICH Mockingbird w/a Floyd Rose on it. Fender Champion 100 amp. Thanks again,, if your in the area,,stop on by its free! Cheers.

Congrats, 10k-DB.

When I was in junior high (in Germany, and then later in Alabama) I was a HUGE Grand Funk Railroad fan.

My band does Some Kind Of Wonderful at nearly every show lately.

Hope the gig goes well, and that it's a fun day!

:)

Thanks so much,,no Im not the V guy

Sorry about that - I made an assumption on the Gibson connection. So you're on lead - well I watched some of your band's videos and I reckon you are a hell of a good guitarist mate with wicked cool phrasing on solos. [thumbup]

I suspect you might have played some pretty significant gigs over the years and will take the Grand Funk show in your stride. Rock on!

Congrats, 10k-DB.

When I was in junior high (in Germany, and then later in Alabama) I was a HUGE Grand Funk Railroad fan.

My band does Some Kind Of Wonderful at nearly every show lately.

Hope the gig goes well, and that it's a fun day!

:)

Thanks so much,,we do that one too,,they have so many fun tunes to do thats for sure. They have made a memorable contribution the over all American Pop music scene. Although after band practice today,,some were saying Mark Farner isnt in the current lineup of GFR,,but 2 days prior to this show,,hes{Mark Farner} is playing w/George Throughoughgood + Destroyers At Meadowbrook music hall{just outside Mtr cTY},,so not quite sure what the lineup will be. Itll be fun either way!

Sorry about that - I made an assumption on the Gibson connection. So you're on lead - well I watched some of your band's videos and I reckon you are a hell of a good guitarist mate with wicked cool phrasing on solos. [thumbup]

I suspect you might have played some pretty significant gigs over the years and will take the Grand Funk show in your stride. Rock on!

Wow,,your too kind,thanks. As I hear my playing,,some bystanders,when we practice mention I MAY from time to time remind them of ,{not sound like,if you will} a hybrid cross of Page,VH,JPerry,Jon Sikes of WhiteSnake? Thats THERE view,,MY view? While learning alot of the songs + solos of those artists,I keep in mind I need to find,,if I can,,"My Own" style+ phrases,very very difficult to do because of all the amazing stuff thats been before me,,But that wont stop me from trying+experimenting thats for sure. Significant Gigs? A few over the yrs,,opening spots for Night Rangers Gtr Player Jeff Watson{ The Barnaby Wild band just after Night Ranger split,,late 80's?}},,out on the west coast,along with opening spots for Elvin Bishop on west coast,as well as countless small bars,concert club venues inbetween midwest+ west coast. Cheers!

Archived