Gibson Brands Forums

Custom truss rod cover

Lukec88

Hello,

I want to order a custom truss rod cover for my songwriter so I need little advice where to order, and who has best quality covers. I dont like some chinese made ones.

I was looking this site My link, anyone has some experience with ordering on this site?

I have several different types of tr-covers and my favourite is one in metal with engraved jugend decoration created by an old deadhead in Stoke, Great Britain.

Here however, is a home made version in leather.

The F-bird ~ Dec201411theboard.jpg

My order finally shipped and waiting to change. I was actually surprised that they have original blank Gibson truss rod cover and engrave it. Thats cool! +1 recommend for Philadelphia luthier tools & supplies.

viber_image_1.jpg

I ordered from this company and they are well made. However, Gibson has been going after people selling the original bell shaped design so you have to be careful who you order from. This guy had to slightly change his design to get around the problem.

http://stores.ebay.com/wectrussrodcoverinlay

Hmm I dont know what is wrong if private company for example buys 30 original blank truss rod cover from Gibson (they are offering them on their own site) and they offer engraving service..

Archived