Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Firebird 2016 T

RainboGuy

Yesterday I received a new 2016 Firebird T that I ordered from American Musical Supply this past Monday. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GUITAR IT IS!!!

After unboxing and taking the guitar out of the Gig Bag it was shipped in, and bringing it up to tune, I plugged it in and was AMAZED at the tone and feel of this guitar. I own and have owned many, many Gibsons over the years, and I am literally BLOWN AWAY at the attention to detail of the fit and finish of this new Firebird. Mine was built on June 8, 2016 and everything about it is just PERFECT!

The setup, right out of the gig bag was the best factory setup of any Gibson I have ever owned.......it plays like buttah.......

And, I must say I was particularly surprised by the outstanding tone of the stock Firebird pickups.........frankly........I haven't seen a good review of them ever.....and maybe it's just me but they sound GREAT with this guitar.....rich and full with great harmonics and none of the harshness I have read about in any review I have ever seen.

Also, to my surprise, it has binding NUBS....a terrific plus for me as I though they were gone from Gibson's production....

This is the best value and all-around BEST bang for the buck Gibson I have ever owned......if you're on the fence on this one.......take the plunge!

Congrats on a fine guitar.

I bought one about a month ago and am extremely happy with mine too and agree with all your points made about what an amazing guitar the Firebird is.

I never actually played one before I bought mine, but thought why not go for it as I'd always wanted one.

The Steinberger tuners confused me for a minute when I got it as wasn't sure how to tune!, but they are totally brilliant once you figure out they tune from the back! Very smooth too (probably my favourite guitar to tune now).

Certainly a great price for a great guitar, these 2016 T models.

• 11 months later...

Congratulations!

They're really great guitars, I'm surprised there were still any 2016s left.

You know what they say: pics or it didn't happen...

Yes, probably all sold, I purchased mine november last year, the shop got 3 in and they sold them all in the same week. The ones in the shops now are 2017 models.

The only gripe I have is it only has a gig bag and not a hard case but that was reflected in the price £850:00 compared to the 2017 model £1,059:00 with hard case.

Here she is:

WFAsEZe.jpg

s5s82hM.jpg

xAeKV4Q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beware...I got a 2016 T just like yours for a Christmas present for myself...and wound up buying a 2007 Firebird in white a month ago so I now have 2...they. grow on you.

I had never played one before, either, but I love them now.

• 3 months later...

I just bought an 2016 Limited edition vibrola firebird.

And actually I hate the neck profile. Does anybody knows if this one has a particular neck profile? I saw on a japaneese website that it it a "firebird neck shape". I am particularly interested since it is the most resonant I´ve played ever. It is quite amazing how it compress acoustically the notes. And I really dig the pups. The vibrola, though limeted is working fine on mine. I love/hate it... Does yours resonates like hell like mine does?

For those how dont know it, it has a diferent-simpler headstock with grovers on it, and a lyre vibrola.

Cheers

A lot of the Firebirds have a wide, flat neck profile. Is that what you have?

I tried a non-reverse 60s Firebird a while back which had a Les Paul slim taper style neck on it so who knows with Gibson.

The Firebirds are very resonant, I think it's due to it being one long neck with some side pieces glued to it.

Sounds like the neck on my old, departed 2005 Firebird VII and 2007 Zebrawood Firebird V.

From the samples I've tried the 2013 on up Firebird Vs (without the Vibrolo) have a more rounded profile but they're still fairly flat and wide.

It just takes a little getting used to although I hated the frets on the 07 - they were just way too tall for my tastes.

Pretty guitar but I wouldn't want it back.

Archived