Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday song

blindboygrunt

BBG, you have a certain shade of tone that is very enjoyable to the listener that works pretty much on all the material you attempt. As Larry likes to say it's very easy on the ear.

This was also very easy on the ear, perhaps the only critique I could offer was that I felt you sang a bit overly from the head voice and was missing that lower toned warmth that you have in spades and gives your other attempts so much character.

I was singing along to it trying to harmonies with a lower register and it sounded fuller and more complete with that blend.

EA

I totally agree with the sentiments above. I ALWAYS find your music extremely easy-on-the-ears. You're guitar technique is very effective and also easy-on-the-ears. It sounds as if we're in the same room. I look-forward to your next recorded song and/or your witty comments on here. I even like the "half-witty" ones.

As long as you're not paying a line of women whose job it is to say they were once your girlfriend then you've nothing to worry about sal .

Wondered why you hadn't said anything , you're always there with a little applause. Was thinking you just didn't like this one 😄

I'm with the pack here--very easy, very smooth. You're always loyal to the material and give it your fresh, honest treatment. Dang it, but you've got the "it" factor that makes folks sit up and listen.

You might think about doing some girl songs- be the guy that unearths some of those gems. Go listen to some earlier Patty Griffin..."Stolen Car" "Chief" "When It Don't Come Easy"

To start with... ;)

Archived