Gibson Brands Forums

I bought one guitar this year

Tim Plains

You may have seen it already elsewhere, but what the heck, I don't post here often. I told myself I wouldn't buy any guitars this year (other gear, yes, but not guitars) and was completely helpless when I saw this one for sale. I live in Canada, this was in Japan, even an ocean couldn't prevent me from buying it. LOL

It's a 10th anniversary model for Junsei Guitars, a dealer in Japan, and I got it in April. Two months later and I am just loving it. I have (I think) 10 other Les Pauls, most with upgrades, but this one is perfect in stock form. 2014 Hand Select R9, Iced Tea, 8.3 lbs, love it. Color in the second pic is more accurate.

thumb_IMG_0541_1024_zpsryw2g1a2.jpg

Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20-%209%204113%20-%202_zps0h9tntca.jpg

Well, if ever I've seen an 'authentic-looking' Eastern Maple '59-style top that would certainly count amongst their number.

Gorgeous!

Nice to see you stopping by, by the way!

[thumbup]

Pip.

Hello Tim.

Congratulations!

I am not a fan of highly-figured bursts. I find them too much for the eye. So, I am always happy to see well-balanced tops, like on this guitar!

Enjoy it with good health!

Bence.

Beauty, TimA! All your other Les Pauls are sunburst too right? [flapper] Where's the new group shot? You still have the Billy Gibbons? That's the one that makes me swoon... and the Warren Haynes lemon burst... and the... [biggrin]

Cheers guys,

I did not go to Japan. It was shipped to NY State where I went and picked it up.

I have around 25 guitars. With that many does it really matter if the number is 25 or 26?

Same with the LPs. What difference does it make if I have 11 or 12? Once you pass 10, it's all a blur. [biggrin]

They're all listed in my signature. I don't sit there and count them. Just play.

Pup, I still have Pearly. A few gold tops and black Customs, too.

A group shot? Oh Jeez...

I have around 25 guitars. With that many does it really matter if the number is 25 or 26?

Same with the LPs. What difference does it make if I have 11 or 12? Once you pass 10, it's all a blur.

#TenonLengthMatters

rct

Very nice Tim, congratuations...! Looks like it has tiger stripes, beautiful!!! I also said I wasn't going to buy any more guitars unless an an amazing deal came up on an ES 175, well guess what, it did... [rolleyes]

No problem though I couldn't be happier..,

Archived