Gibson Brands Forums

Night out

cookieman15061

My wife and I are heading out to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company tomorrow night.

I've seen Joe several times and he makes it look way too easy and if you played in a band in the 70s chances are you played a lot of Bad Company covers.

Weather's been perfect should be a fun show.

That would be a nice one to go to, enjoy. Wife and I saw Joe 4 times. 3 of them was with the Eagles. I enjoyed every one. Can't remember who he was with by himself but I remember it was a great concert. Never seen Bad Company but the wife and I are seeing James Taylor tomorrow night in Council Bluffs at Mid America Center. She has always wanted to see him in concert.

Sounds like a recipe for a great evening, cookie!

Have fun!

...if you played in a band in the 70s chances are you played a lot of Bad Company covers...

Oh Yes. In fact "Can't Get Enough" was the very first song I ever learned...

Pip.

Oh snap.... all four original members.. none of that bad 80s Bad Company. SWEET! [thumbup]

No only 2 on this USA tour.

Boz Burrell passed away in 2006 - think bass is someone called Lynn Sorenson - plus Howard Leese, and Rich Robinson is there instead of Mick Ralphs.....

Joe Walsh will make 'em work.

Oh snap.... all four original members.. .

You mean they have exhumed Boz Burrell????!!!!!!!!!!!!...................[scared]

Pip.

EDIT : I see jdgm beat me to it......[laugh]

Hmmm...........

I did google it to see what was what;

No only 2 on this USA tour......Rich Robinson is there instead of Mick Ralphs.....

So does that mean we in the UK will be getting a different line-up, jdgm?

"Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke will return to the UK for their first tour in four years."

:-k

I always did like Mick Ralphs. Big fan of Mott the Hoople when I was a little'un.

I ended up going as I was given two free tickets last minute and I really enjoyed the show. I have seen Joe a few times with the Eagles and once a solo effort opening for Bob Seger a couple years ago. I thought Walsh was better than I have ever seen him before.

Bad company opened the show . Great set and Paul Rogers was superb. Entire band was great and very tight.

Joe Walsh was pretty good but I've enjoyed the others times I've seen him more. This probably due to his song selection more than anything else. Also some longer drawn out guitar jams that seemed to drag in spots.

All in all it was a great night of music and memories.

Wish I could have seen bad company. But James Taylor was superb with his band. They all had great talent. So Taylor mostly plays Jim Olson acoustic guitars. Had to look it up during intermission. Then he came out after intermission with a telecaster and did a blues and a jazz number. Didn't know he had such a great sense of humor.

I thought the original Bass player, Boz Burrell, who did a stint in King Crimson died a while back.

Yeah, 'twas pointed out immediately after I posted that. Apparently the bio on the official Bad Company website has not been updated for like a decade!

Archived