Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore guitar collection

fretplay

I looked in at Bonhams viewing day today, for the auction of Gary Moore's guitar. Lots of Les Pauls and all in good condition which is surprising as usually when a name auctions guitars they are played to bits. As far as I could see all the instruments had been cleaned and set up.

The estimate prices seemed good too about what I would expect to pay for a second hand instrument but of course if tomorrow at the auction there is a Gary Moore fan or two with lots of money anything can happen.

You can watch it on the net I believe, it starts at 12 UK time first guitar lot 107 which should be about 1 to 1.30pm

Wow! Pretty cool I wish I was in England for this. Looks like stuff went pretty reasonable. I have one of those Hot Rod LP's. They originally sold for $5K, so $3300 for a Gary Moore owned one seems to be great price. And those vintage amps, Wow!!! He was quite fond of 335's. I wonder where those are? Auction part 2 maybe?

...or the Artist's Proof #3 of the Mervyn Franks ex-PG ex-GM CC#1 LP....

Estimate £4k - £5k.....?

Somehow I think it will fetch a bit more than that....

Pip.

Well it went for £8,125 inc premium ...

Pretty good deal since it was owned by Gary.......

I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon with a similarly-guitar-obsessed colleague. Some people got some right steals on that auction. My colleague had registered to the site, but had not given notice he was going to take part in the auction - probably for the best as he bought a 2016 LP Standard last week...!

Archived