Gibson Brands Forums

Noise Gates

brad1

I posted this in the Epi lounge also, but thought I would get more responses if I posted here as well.

I'm in the market for a pedal that suppresses noise from other pedals and from single coil pups.

The more I do research, and read customer reviews, the more confused I am.

Some swear by the Decimintor II. Others love the MXR Smartgate, or the Boss NS-2.

I will read a bunch of positive reviews about one pedal, only to find later a bunch that contradict those.

Thought I would ask you guys for your opinion.

What noise gates do you use, or have used? And which ones do you recommend?

Thanks! [smile]

Hello!

I am still a firm believer of Ibanez NB-10.

HPIM4972_zpsa029ab1d.jpg

That's what they say at Reverb.com:

"IBANEZ NB 10 Noise Buster is capable of cutting out noise not only while there is no signal flow, but during actual playing as well, thus providing far more effective noise reduction. A FREQUENCY control lets the musician eliminate noise components without impairing the envelope or sustain of the original sound. With the NB10, players are liberated from the adverse influence of stage lighting or single coil pick-ups on their music, and high gain distortion effects can be used without having to worry about noise."

https://reverb.com/item/446126-ibanez-nb10-noise-buster-80-s-white

Bence.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Here's what I ended up getting. It's a Donner Noise Killer. It's a "mini pedal".

It was only $37 and it works great. It does exactly what I needed it to do.

I'm glad I didn't spend $300.

b9893dcd-bfca-4e91-931d-8780cfb94297_zpsgq24l1wg.jpg

Cool, I got a Donner delay mini pedal recently for about the same price. I had never heard of the brand and was kind of skeptical...but for the price I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It has worked great for me so far. Glad I'm not the only one to own one of their pedals.

Archived