Gibson Brands Forums

Sg 2017

sellen

Got some Sg's

If they gonna tempt me with a new one, here's the speck i want at the moment

Bound neck with dot inlays

A bit more narrow neck than the standard, and with a rounded rather than the flat slim taper.But Slim then

Headstock like on the Sg Original

Same nice bevels on body as on the Sg Original

The Small pickguard

Always wanted to try those P94 pickups, and if yoy want regular humbucking easy fix

Nylon nut and Saddles, abr 1 bridge direct to body aluminium stop-bar

To get it cheaper, option for Satin/faded finish, as i ain't got the money income i had in the past

Yea this one i buy [biggrin]

So what do you want for 2017

Got some Sg's

A bit more narrow neck than the standard, and with a rounded rather than the flat slim taper.But Slim then

The Small pickguard

Always wanted to try those P94 pickups, and if yoy want regular humbucking easy fix

To get it cheaper, option for Satin/faded finish, as i ain't got the money income i had in the past

Weirdly enough, the polar opposite of what you want!

Well that why they offer choices I s'pose. ;)

Weirdly enough, the polar opposite of what you want!

Well that why they offer choices I s'pose. ;)

[biggrin]

Yea man i got a few Sg's with more regular specks, Gibson Cs And USA

So if they gonna tempt me it has to be something a bit special, like some of the stuff i mentions

They had that Sg Extra Slim, but no bound neck and not so nice bevels on that model.

>>A bit more narrow neck than the standard, and with a rounded rather than the flat slim taper.But Slim then

This. Makes. Me. Happy.

I have large palms and stubby sausage fingers so the Ibanez broad, flat fretboard does not work for me. My favorite necks and fretboards are on guitars like SG Classics, Jazzmasters, and Jaguars.

I like both my classic (2005) and my standard (2012) Both w/the batwing pick guard. My SG quota is good for now.

I usually play the Pauls, but lately I've been grabbing for the SG Standard,

Real truth be told, last several days, I've been on a tele binge.

I like guitars, and lots of em!!! Yeeeha!

Got some Sg's

The Small pickguard

• Bound neck with the dot inlays is a nice look; either that or the small blocks like on a 335.
  • '60s Slimtaper profile neck, maybe with a slight asymmetry.
  • 24-fret as standard; use that space properly! Look at the image below - admittedly this is a special run with the mini-humbucker neck, but how much nicer does the end of the fretboard look?!
  • Ideally the '50s style headstock seen on SH, TH, and CC Custom Shop guitars - the narrower look suits an SG better, IMO.
  • The bevels matching the SG original.
  • Larger pickguard.
  • The dual-P90 option from 2016, as well as the dual-humbucker option.
  • Colour options of Heritage Cherry, Ebony, White, LightBurst (see below, again) - satin or gloss finishes as options.

2_Body_Straight_Front_NA-f33a61117ddae9b8c11c4e197b3c45ba.jpg9824-gibson-sg-standard-natural-burst--large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to snag a 2011 61-reissue about a year and a half ago. I never thought I would buy another Gibson. Its black, it has a small pick guard, it has the 57 classic pick ups and it has nice bevels and a rosewood fingerboard. A 61 re-issue was the guitar I always wanted, until I discovered G&L. I play it a lot more than I expected too. So, for all intents and purposes, my 2017 Gibson SG preferences were met in 2011 ( although I didn't even know it ). I don't even have any pictures uploaded to photobucket, which is a shock.

Or an SG Custom antique cherry

temp_316.jpg

Now that's a beauty. It's very similar to my Kirk Douglas in looks (minus the Lyre), just wish my Kirk Douglas had an ebony board. I'd love to see them do an accurate late 60's Custom in walnut. Probably my favourite SG ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I am easy when it comes to what I want in a new line of guitars...

For the SG, I would like to see more "vintage" finishes for 2017—and not just the same old cherry, black, and occasional sunburst! Ho-hum! Oh, and no more of those hideous tiger-striped, day-glow and fluorescent greens and blues.... [scared] Yeesh!

How about cream and TV Yellow finishes? Could have P90s or humbuckers—why not both?

... and I want pick guards on them, dammit! Don't be leaving these SGs bare! [-X

Archived