Gibson Brands Forums

Summer NAMM Gibsons (2nd Attempt)

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

A better pic of some summer NAMM gibsons:

JC

So -- looks like a new bridge design and a new pickguard design. And the two left guitars sport sort of an Epiphone-style inlay pattern on the fingerboard.

Fred

They remind me of Taylors -- with Epiphone inlays on the neck. Zero interest on my end. The only acoustic cutaway that looks good to me is the Gibson CF-100. It has style and attitude. These look wimpy to me, though the third one comes closest to near-acceptable. I hope the intended audience for these buys them like those proverbial hotcakes. I'm full up anyhow.

Don't mind them at all, personally. Fair enough that things have changed and not everyone is a fan, but I like what I'm seeing. I'm guessing these will be part of a 2017 range...? Perhaps with some standardised parts across the lineup some costs may come down for the consumer?

Hmm guitars look ok but they are far step from traditional gibson range of guitars, probably aiming at more younger players. I dont like the names of the models HP-835.. what is that, some kind of printer? Its similar to me like Taylor. I prefer J-, SJ-, AJ- , songwriter.. etc.. More traditional names.. The Les Paul acoustic.. hmm.. first when I saw the robo tuner, no thank You! Im my opinion this doesnt fits on acoustic..

All those damn cutaways; worthy of note, however - some of the older generation is broke, too. lol Doubt I'll get too excited about any of those. Electrics were around when we were young, as well.

Makes me want a Martin

The Marines did a good job training me not to show my emotional reactions too much, but when I read this I lost control and roared laughter - OMG, that is funny! Also kind of accurate...

Archived