Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheridan II

BJSHIPMAN

I have a 20 year old Epiphone Sheridan II and am trying to find a bridge for it. Apparently a few years after this guitar was made, Gibson changed the size of this bridge and the newer ones will not fit unless I take a hammer to it. Does anyone know where I can find a bridge for my guitar? Thx.

I have a 20 year old Epiphone Sheridan II and am trying to find a bridge for it. Apparently a few years after this guitar was made, Gibson changed the size of this bridge and the newer ones will not fit unless I take a hammer to it. Does anyone know where I can find a bridge for my guitar? Thx.

Depending on where in the world you are; try Faber (for Europe and around) or Faber USA.

You can get a ABR-1 style vintage bridge, which will fit as long as you get the correct conversion posts.

"ABRM" models are the ones you want for Epiphone I do believe - link for USA - link for non-USA

For the studs; try the "E-sert" set - this means removing the current studs (easy enough as they provide a toolset with the studs) - link for USA - link for non-USA

Alternatively look at TonePros models T3BT, TPFP, TPFPG, or TPFR.

***EDIT: I've just noticed what you said about the bridge types changing thanks to Gibson. If you've got a vintage Gibson style bridge, then any of the imperial measurement bridges (inch-stud) bridges should work.

Does your bridge look like this? At 20 years old it's likely a Samick made one that used a somewhat thicker bridge with more travel adjustment for the saddles, but also different post spacings. Your best bet is probably eBay to find one from the same era that will fit with no other adjustment.

Also, it's a Sheraton (like the hotel), not a Sheridan (like actress Ann).

IMAG0406.jpg

Does your bridge look like this? At 20 years old it's likely a Samick made one that used a somewhat thicker bridge with more travel adjustment for the saddles, but also different post spacings. Your best bet is probably eBay to find one from the same era that will fit with no other adjustment.

Also, it's a Sheraton (like the hotel), not a Sheridan (like actress Ann).

IMAG0406.jpg

That IS a beautiful Sheraton you have there, Parabar. That bridge is what I'd like on my '14 Dot. (a genuinely great playing guitar as is)..:)

Not my Sheraton, unfortunately, just a picture from Ye Olde Interwebbes showing the Samick wide bridge.

I do have a Samick Artist Series SAB-650 with the same bridge on it. It's a smaller-bodied semi-hollow, sorta like an ES-339, and I like it a lot:

SamickSAB650.jpg

Not my Sheraton, unfortunately, just a picture from Ye Olde Interwebbes showing the Samick wide bridge.

I do have a Samick Artist Series SAB-650 with the same bridge on it. It's a smaller-bodied semi-hollow, sorta like an ES-339, and I like it a lot:

SamickSAB650.jpg

Yes, I can see why!

Archived