Gibson Brands Forums

Chain

Buc McMaster

I think I recorded this one several years back but I can't seem to find it. It's a favorite original started in 2001 but not finished until 2005........no hurry, huh? Kudos to whomever can figure out what the "same old line" is.............. Pregnant pauses by design and, what we call in Texas, a few SRV low E farts. [rolleyes]

DR Sunbeam .012s tuned down 1/2 step; Red Bear pick (I found one!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7MBqlPUjjA

Buc, you should be required to post one every day.

I love this. Right up my alley. regarding what the same old line is, and Anne cover your ears,... I just know there are things often suggested and done during courtship that are not necessarily done after the wedding...

Ok maybe my mind needs to leave the gutter...

Oh, and I have been on the beach all week, with access to but a simple Gretsch Jim Dandy ...and that's all. Ironically, it records real well, and I just record one last night with it on soundcloud. Anyways, I can't wait to get home to my babies next week.

Very tasty Buc, that Bird delivers bass in spades, almost sounds like you have a bass player with you, no doubt the Redbear pick helps a lot to bring that out and suits you style of playing. Oh and the hat is tasty too, very Hannibal Lecter ;-)

Thanks people! Fingers are still quite tender but getting better everyday. Hell, only got the guitar a couple days ago. Ukulele playing is not good for maintaining callouses.......

Sal: Nah, can't do one everyday........that would likely be annoying to some on the forum. :unsure: And "the same old line" is nothing risqué at all. You'll have to consider the entire lyric to figure it out, particularly the implication in the last verse.

EA: Yes, the guitar does have a nice bass response. I think most of that is my palm muting style and the fat RB pick. The hat? Pretty cool. Bought in May while on vacation in St. Augustine, FL and indeed it's quite the Hannibal topper!

Working on another Neil Young tune right now..........geez but that man has a high vocal register!!

Catchy and fun, Buc- always a treat.

(Sal-you're a true gent, but have you checked with your doc about whether your heart is healthy enough for all that, um, "people" watching on the beach? 😉)

Archived