Gibson Brands Forums

Coolest looking amp ever?

Rabs

That looks way cool....

First revealed last year, the Fender Custom Shop is launching the 80 Proof Blues Junior at Summer NAMM this week. Limited to 100 units worldwide, the solid oak cabinet is handcrafted from reclaimed Kentucky bourbon barrels, sporting stamps and markings from the various distilleries they were made for.

Fender says that no two will be alike, and when it's powered on and warmed up, you can even smell the whiskey. And Custom Shop engineers have also hand-aged knobs, control plate and other components to match the aging of the barrels.

Inside the 15-watt limited edition Blues Junior amp is a single 12-inch Jensen speaker, three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two EL84 power tubes and cooked-in spring reverb and FAT boost. An optional one-button footswitch can be used to kick in the boost.

Fender has told us that the 80 Proof whiskey barrel blues amp is priced at US$1,999, which is quite a bit more than standard Blues Junior amps.

Specs:

•Limited-edition 15 watt combo

•One 12” 8-ohm Jensen P12Q speaker

•Three 12AX7 preamp tubes and dual EL84 power tubes

•Onboard spring reverb and FAT boost

•Optional one-button footswitch for hands-free boost

untitled3_zpspgpqcfsl.png

untitled1_zpsqjrafpxm.png

untitled2_zpsc1mxfux6.png

fender4_zpshf4rbtpe.jpg

That amp is certainly the coolest looking amp I have ever seen. Wish it was a bit cheaper though as $1999 is quite a lot. Would love if they could make a Deluxe in that style. Mind you, I'm spent up on musical equipment this year, so couldn't get one anyhow.

Those guitars look super cool too. What would be even cooler, is if the guitar was filled with alcohol (have you seen Kirk Hammett's blue transparent liquid guitar?), then had a tap to dispense shots as you play [biggrin]

Yeah, the thing is the Blues Jr. is a $400 amp.

Jon at Tennessee Amp (our own badbluesplayer) could rebox a Blues Jr. for a whole lot less than that, FYI.

Or you could remove the speaker and chassis, strip the tolex off, and leave it outside for a few months.

eh. Crate did it 40 years ago.

rct

Are you talking about this thing?

crate1.jpg

that's just ugly... the Fender one looks much nicer, by far (even though I agree the price is stupid)..

Well that was the idea...an amp in a crate.....functional....

Designers, eh?

I still prefer controls on the front (angled up, Fender old school style) rather than the top.

Oh man!

That made me laugh.

I think everyone has a Druncle.

My brother is my kids Druncle.

I'm his kids Druncle.

It's all good.

Lol. It's my Uncle Bunk. Short stubby cigar in corner of his mouth. Can barely understand a word he says. He laughs after every sentence. He's happy ... lol.

See what you reckon of these guitars then.

I love them.

But then again, I love natural wood finish on guitars, I love the idea of single pickup guitars with just a volume knob, and I do so love bourbon whiskey.

So.

Love, love, love.

[love]

Overpriced yes, but I love the way it looks. I even would like the sweet whiskey smell. Pretty neat concept for playing around the house as I get bored easy and need fun things to look at.

I will say I can't stand the taste of whiskey (coffee either) but LOVE the way both smells. :rolleyes:

Make that amp $800 and hand wired, and then it would be worth buying.

Aster

Archived