Gibson Brands Forums

NGD EL00-Pro

DennisB643

Having traded in my Martin 000-18 Golden Era for a D-41 a few weeks ago, I decided I needed a short scale 00 size to putz around with...this will make my 5th Epi (plus one Martin and one Gibson). First thing I did was to wait for the metal E to fall off, which it did immediately when I stuck my thumb nail under it (lol). Next order of business was to get the pick guard off with a hair dryer, and get the glue cleaned up (burning my thumb in the process when hot glue stuck to it), and after a clean up with Naphtha, some guitar polish and immediately replacing whatever crap they had on there it with Martin retro strings, it isn't a half bad little blues box.

EL%2000-Ppro.jpg

Both are excellent! Nice job "setting up" that Epi. I could probably have lived with the guard, but the metal E just ain't tolerable.

It looks so much better with the pick guard off. I wish they'd leave them off, but it appeals to the masses I guess. That was my first pick guard removal btw. The whole process took about 45 minutes...

Congratulations on the EL - the burst in your photo looks a lot better than the images on the online retailers give - that always makes it look cheap! Enjoy the new guitar!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I mind as well show the D-41 too. After never owned a burst in my life, I get two within a couple weeks...and yes it is an unbelievable guitar.

IMG_0800.png

Dennis............ I have always found the D41 and D45 to be excellent instruments. Definitely deliver in the studio and on the road.

That was a good decision to get the D41 and the EL-OO I hear is a nice comfy instrument to hold and play.

Enjoy them both and keep on making music

Archived