Gibson Brands Forums

EJ - 200 SCE - no sound from nanoflex

gebseng

Hi everyone in the forum,

I recently purchased a new Epiphone EJ - 200 SCE Guitar with an Esonic2 pickup/preamp.

The nanomag pickup is working fine, as is the built-in tuner. However, I'm not able to get sound from the second nanoflex pickup. I tried mono and stereo cables already. I also tried movin the blend slider to all positions. The battery light is off

Is it possible that the nanonflex pickup is not working properly, or did I oversee something?

It would be great to hear from you,

best,

geb

Hi geb and welcome to the forum.

There's not really much you can do wrong. If the nanomag and the tuner are working then it sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere and that's covered by the warranty. The best thing you can do is take it back to the shop you bought it from or contact your online dealer, whichever applies.

Best of luck.

Thanks! I will do that...

Yep, warrantee will get that fixed. I lowballed a guitar on ebay and essentially stole this Epiphone highly figured trans black/abalone Performer ME that has that same eSonic2. The nanoflex never worked. I just use the nanomag. Sounds great. [smile]

pfm130.jpg

pfm133.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

I returned the EJ - 200 SCE to Amazon.de and received a new one from them.

Unfortunately, the new Guitar has exactly the same problem. I even bought a new 1/4” cable, and tried with both a regular guitar amp and an iRig - I can not get sound from the nanoflex pickup, only from the nanomag.

Is it possible that this model does not have a built in nanoflex, despite having controls for it on the esonic2 preamp? Or is there something else I am missing?

best,

geb

Are you using a balanced lead? I find only my passive pickups work with these. The balanced ones have two black rings on the connector. When I use an unbalanced one (with one black ring) my guitar with a fishman piezo undersaddle pickup works fine but not with the balanced one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone and thanks for your suggestions! I just found the "problem": the EJ - 200 SCE has not one, but TWO 5.25 mm jacks, the second one (and only this one provides output from the NanoFlex) is “hidden” in the mount for the guitar strap. After finding out about that, everything works fine.

best,

geb

Archived