Gibson Brands Forums

Earl of Sandwich

surfpup

Thought about this today while making lunch...

I love sandwiches. [love] But if I had to pick one, what's my favorite sandwich?

So here's the deal... You have to pick one sandwich to eat everyday the rest of your life! What's it gonna be?

A Sierra Turkey Sandwich from Panera Bread. Only I'd learn how to make it. We just got the ingredients. Asiago Cheese focaccia bread, Smoked sliced Turkey, Red Onions, Chipotle Mayonnaise, Arugula, Romaine, Kale & Radicchio. I could eat one three times every day

IMX the only constraint when designing and preparing the 'perfect sandwich'

Is the depth of the filling... :blink:

The more filling...the less manageable the sandwich becomes

Mrs V has sourced some excellent Mature Cheddar slices from Morrisons

So with the addition of Iceberg or Round lettuce, thin sliced tomato, pickled beetroot, ground black pepper seasoning

A sandwich I would be happy to eat every day...and nutritious to boot.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

My all time favorite sandwich? Corned beef, plenty of sauerkraut, melted swiss cheese, and a healthy swipe of brown mustard on marbled rye that has caraway seeds in it. Make sure it is lightly toasted and lightly pressed like a panini. I eat these about twice a year because it's so decadent. Mannys in Chicago does a corned beef on rye that satisfies this craving.

The sandwich I eat most often is for breakfast: almond butter and mixed berry jam on toasted whole grain bread. That with a cup of coffee is nirvana.

Toast in my general opinion doth not a sandwich make.... [unsure]

A sandwich requires a certain pliability in the hand to facilitate the clamping of teeth thereover in the taking of bites.... [thumbup]

Toast would be too brittle and generally spray crumbs everywhere

There are however grill-type gadgets for making 'toasted sandwiches'...usually made with cheese which melts delightfully and oozes out as the sandwich is enjoyed...

Yet more reasons to experience every possible way to prepare appetising food.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Archived