Gibson Brands Forums

Earl of Sandwich

surfpup

There's a lot of rich food here! Is this really a good idea?

I was considering a similar post...

The 'health food' concept seems to have been thrown gleefully out of the window...

All this talk of cheeseburger with mayonnaise 'n fries type cuisine... :blink:

I do love it though... <_<

V

:-({|=

I'm not saying I would choose this as the one sandwich for the rest of my life. But, the other night I had SPAM for the first time in my life. SPAM and egg sandwich, and it really hit the spot. [thumbup]

Of course, maybe it was only the fact that I'd had some beers and it was about midnight and I was really hungry? :rolleyes:

I believe that, for the last 15 yrs., I've been on a steady daily diet of "A KNUCKLE SANDWICH" with my work. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Outside of that as a young'n I had a Ham sandwich with mustard/horseradish for at least a 10 yr. run for lunch. I don't know if I could eat anything now "for the rest of my life" except for my own words from time to time. [biggrin]

And are we truly sure that they aren't pronounced "SANGWITCH" like NY/NJ area? Or did the Earl get it right. Over all I don't enjoy Sangwitches much any more (don't consider a hamburger or ground pork burger to be a sandwich I guess.

Aster

Not entirely sure if these qualify as "sandwiches", but back in the days of 15 cent draft beers, (yeah, I'm old) these were 25 cents apiece, filled the bill at midnite at the bar, and are a local only thing, although several of us transplants have since made our own:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie

BTW if you're so inclined and can't find the marinade, Italian dressing works well, and for chicken, use boneless thigh meat.

Not entirely sure if these qualify as "sandwiches", but back in the days of 15 cent draft beers, (yeah, I'm old) these were 25 cents apiece, filled the bill at midnite at the bar, and are a local only thing, although several of us transplants have since made our own:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie

BTW if you're so inclined and can't find the marinade, Italian dressing works well, and for chicken, use boneless thigh meat.

Mmmm. I'm gonna have to try one of these. [drool]

I'm enjoying the responses though. Some great sammiches! I'm fond of the Reuben like many of you.

I once got a Pastrami sandwich in NYC that lasted me for 3 days! Twas huge.

When I posted this thread I had just made a sliced cheddar and tomato sandwich (one of my favorites) - gotta have mayo and salt and pepper.

I've been off in the woods camping for a week, so the only sandwich I've had is PBJ. I'm over it.

I'm in Boston now for a few days, so I'm hoping I can find some good sandwiches. [thumbup]

A sandwich that I use to make sounds weird to everyone and then they say they like it when that try it. I can't eat one now for several reasons (Gluten, MSG, Peanuts etc.) but here it is. Try a small one and see:

Peanut butter, dill hamburger pickles & Heinz Worcestershire sauce. Strange mix, don't even remember how I came up with that but use to like it a lot.

BTW you had to eat it right away, not a keeper to take for lunch unless you had the pickles & Worcestershire sauce you could add at the last minute then eat.

Aster

Any sandwich is fine with me, but if it's got melted cheese and some type of meat, I'm sold.

Figuratively speaking, of course. There's nothing under the equivalent of 8 bucks or so at Subway here, so...

Archived